T H I R T Y - N I N E

James, are you the new trolly witch? Because I'd eat your chocolate frog 😏

Also, Happy Birthday to my favorite hottie. I literally wrote a book for you to express my dedication. You didn't deserve to die, lol. Love you James.

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39: ɪᴄᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs)

"No, you have to wave your wand like this!" Macey corrected earnestly, overlapping her hands with Celia's as she moved her grip downwards.

"I'm never going to understand, especially when you're yelling at me!" Celia groaned frustratedly, throwing down her hands only for Macey to take them again and readjust them.

"Yeah? Just the other night you said you liked me yelling at you!" Macey chastised with a suggestive grin.

"In a completely other context!" Celia exclaimed.

Valentine clutched her head, laying her quill flat against the table as she peered up in annoyance.

"If you've come to study, do so quietly! Merlin forbid you go a single conversation without bringing in sexual jokes," Valentine informed them, watching Macey and Celia exchange a look.

"Whats crawled up your arse?" Celia questioned with a smirk, leaning across to snatch back her wand from Macey after she'd snagged it.

"Nothing, I'm just tired of all this studying. It's draining me mentally and emotionally. I wanna do something fun," Valentine emphasized, dropping her head on the table.

"We can go hex some first years."

Macey scowled at her kinda- no -strings -attached girlfriend. "You're such a bad role model."

"Thank you," Celia replied, a cheeky smile on her face and dimples shining.

She seemed happy. They both did.

The otherwise silent library burst into action when the front doors swung open, revealing a frantic boy bursting into the room. James' head swiveled from left to right in search of the familiar blonde curly hair he saw everyday.

Finally seeing Valentine he dashed towards the table, putting his hands out on the oak surface and leaning over, panting.

"Snow," he wheezed, laying out his palm and reaching out to Valentine.

"What about it?" She slowly asked, laying her hand in his so he could pull her up.

"It's snowing! Come on!"

James didn't wait before stringing her along behind him, and Valentine let out a laugh, pushing her feet to catch up with him. He grabbed the coat that was draped around his arm, holding it out to her.

"I grabbed an extra so you wouldn't be cold," he explained.

"What a gentleman," Valentine teased happily. Since when did it start snowing? It's pretty early for snow!"