Never Gonna Lose You

A/N: Before I start this one shot, I would like to shout out Descendantsfan03 for giving me this idea. And if you haven't already read it, I have another one shot like this in my Descendants one shot collection titled "Little Sisters" so you can go read that if you haven't already. But I will go ahead and warn you that there are moments of child abuse in this, so if that bothers you in any way you don't have to read this. That's all, please enjoy this and let me know what you thought!!!

Maleficent was once again out with a 3 year old Mal teaching her how to be evil. But Mal just wasn't interested, and while her mother was practically killing a man in an alleyway, Mal was too into throwing rocks at the wall. Maleficent turned her head to see that her daughter wasn't even paying attention to a single thing she was doing. She then grabbed Mal by her hair and dragged her all the way back to their "castle."

"Mal Bertha Morgana! What have I told you?! You are to learn to be evil! And actually pay attention to what I tell you and show you!" Maleficent yelled at the little girl who was trying not to cry.

"I sorry, mommy." She said her voice cracking.

"Oh don't you dare start crying!" Maleficent yelled as she slapped Mal's cheek. And that was it for Mal before she started crying. "Would you shut up already?! Villains don't cry!" But Mal just kept crying and Maleficent had enough of it. "Ok, that's it!" Maleficent then dragged Mal by her arm and started hitting Mal with her scepter.

"Mommy! Stop! Please stop!" Mal begged as she continued to sob.

"Oh you want me to stop? Well then next time, maybe you'll actually pay attention to what I tell you!" Maleficent yelled at her. After she had spent a couple more minutes just beating Mal with her scepter, she basically just threw Mal into her room.

Mal climbed onto her bed and started crying until she fell asleep. Her mother always did this to her, even if she didn't do anything at all. Just because she felt like it. She never told anyone about it, mostly because it was the isle, nobody cared, nobody would help her. Evie, however, had begun to suspect things, but Mal had convinced her she was fine.

But as days continued to pass, Maleficent was beating Mal, even harsher than she usually did. Mal was her punching bag, if something made her upset, she took it out on Mal. "Ugh! I can't even look at you! Get out! You can sleep outside tonight for all I care!" Maleficent yelled at her.

"Bu mommy! Its waining ouside!" Mal said as Maleficent just slammed the door closed.

Mal cried as she went to hide in an alley where the roofs kind of shielded her from the rain. She shivered as she hugged herself to keep warm. And somehow, she was able to fall asleep as it continued to rain.

The next morning Mal woke up to someone shaking her. "Mal. Mal. What are you doing out here?"

Mal opened her eyes and saw Evie in front of her. "Ebie?" She asked before she started coughing and sneezing.

"Mal, are you okay? You look like you fell down the stairs." Evie said.

"I okay!" Mal said before she sneezed once again.

"No Mal, you're not okay. Come with me, I'll take care of you." Evie said as she grabbed Mal's little hand with her own and took her back to her mom's house. She snuck her up to her room and helped her onto the bed. "Stay here, I'll see if I can find anything for you to eat." Evie told the little girl who she was almost positive was getting sick.

Mal just laid on the bed, waiting for Evie to come back. And when she did, all Evie was able to find was a stale piece of bread and a mushy apple. "Here Mal, you should eat something." Evie told her handing her the bread first. Mal took a couple bites of the bread store giving it back to Evie. "Mal, you need to eat more."

"My tummy huwts." Mal told her she hugged her stomach.

Evie looked at Mal with sadness in her eyes. She felt horrible for the poor, sick little girl. "Just rest ok, Mal?"

Mal nodded before she closed her eyes. Evie pulled Mal close to her little body. Evie ran her fingers through her purple hair, as she kissed her temple. She noticed Mal was covered in bruises, cuts, and scrapes. Some looked old, others looked new and fresh.
And that's when she realized that Maleficent must be hurting Mal, that's the only reason she could think of. What else would cause Mal to be so bruised and cut up?

The next morning, when Evie woke up, she saw Mal still cuddled up next to her, sleeping. Evie ran her hand over Mal's head, and she felt Mal burning up. Mal had a fever, and she started freaking out. She was only a 4 year old little girl, what was she supposed to do. Mal was just so little and seemed so sick. And Evie knew she had to take care of her and get her better. She went to go get a rag and wet it, she then put it on Mal's forehead hoping it would bring down her fever.

Evie stayed right by Mal, not leaving her. She was almost always constantly checking to see if she felt any less warm. But it didn't feel like her temperature was going down at all. "Come on, Mal. You've gotta get better. Please." Evie whispered.

Mal stirred before she woke up. "Ebie?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm here." Evie told her.

"I don't feel good." She said sounding as if she was about to cry.

"I know, but I'm gonna help you get better, I promise." Evie replied.

And for that whole day, Mal only seemed to get worse. Evie knew she had to do something, if she didn't, she could lose Mal. She was so little, they both were. What was she supposed to do? What could she do? She tried to get Mal to eat and drink as much as she could, hoping it would somehow help Mal to get better. But of course, it could only help so much when everything on the isle was so dirty, old, and spoiled. No wonder Mal was so sick and not getting any better. But Evie just kept on doing what she was doing, holding onto the hope that maybe it would help.

And after more days passed, Mal slowly started to get better. And it was much of a relief to Evie. And when Mal got better, she told Evie she was ready to go back home.

"Mal, is your mommy hurting you?" Evie asked. She saw Mal's eyes widen before quickly she quickly shook her head. "Mal, come on, you don't have to lie to me. Just tell me the truth."

Mal hesitated, just staring at Evie before she eventually nodded her head slowly. "Yeah, she huwts me sometimes." Mal admitted to her.

"So that's why you look hurt all the time." Evie said. "Mal, you can always tell me anything. I'm your friend. And your big sister."

Mal smiled at Evie before she hugged her. "Can I tell you a secwet, Ebie?" Mal whispered. Evie nodded at her. "I wob you."

Evie smiled back at Mal. "I love you too, Mal. Forever and ever!"