Surprise

Evie was shocked. Utterly shocked as she stood in the bathroom with her hand in her hair as she breathed heavily looking down at the white stick in her hands.

She was pregnant. And couldn't believe it.

And the worst part was that Henry was out of town and she was all by herself in the castle. She had no one to talk to about this. Henry wouldn't be back for at least another week. But that's when she decided that maybe she could go over to Mal's place and crash there for a couple of days, and tell her the news. As she was the only person she trusted to keep a secret like this. Especially this secret.

So she grabbed her things and filled a suitcase before leaving the castle and going out to Clarabelle and driving to Mal's cozy little condo. She listened to a song, "Every Other Memory" by Ryan Hurd, as it had recently become one of her favorites as she drove. She hummed softly and quietly along with it until she arrived in Mal's area. She got out her suitcase before walking up to Mal's door and knocking on it.

And Mal opened it with a whole donut sticking out of her mouth, so she took it out at the sight of her friend. "Evie! Hey! What are you doing here? And with a suitcase?" She asked.

"I was getting kinda lonely in that big castle all by myself so I was wondering if I could stay here for a couple days." Evie said.

"Yeah, Evie, of course! You're welcome here any time, come on in!" She said opening the door to allow her inside.
"So, when's Henry getting back?" She asked helping Evie with her suitcase.

"Oh I don't know, I would think it would, at least, be another week." She said with Mal nodding. "Look, I have something that I need to tell you, that I haven't told anyone else, that I need you to keep a secret. Can we go sit down?"

  "Yeah, sure. Is everything ok?" Mal asked as they went to sit down on the couch.

"Yeah! Everything's fine." She told her as she sat down, smoothing her dress to kind of distract herself. "Anyway, the thing that I have to tell you, is...I'm pregnant."

Mal just kind of sat there, not knowing what to say as she stared at Evie, who snapped her fingers in front of her face, snapping her back to reality. (I couldn't help myself lol😂)

"Mal? You in there? Earth to Mal!" She said.

"Wow, congratulations Evie! I'm happy for you and Henry!" She said. "I'm just a little surprised is all. You and Henry deserve this. One question though, do I get to be the aunt?" She asked.

"Well duh!" She said. "Who else would have that position?" Evie asked.

Mal shrugged her shoulders in response. "I just wanted to make sure. So, you want anything to eat, as you have probably noticed, I'm pretty hungry."

Evie laughed. "Yeah, I guess I am hungry. Ice cream sounds really good right now."

"Ice cream always sounds good to you. And don't tell me you want pickles with it." Mal joked as she stood up.

"Well, now that you mention it, that does sound good." Evie said.

"Oookkaaaayy. You like dills right?"

"Yep!"

Mal walked into the kitchen and got out the ice cream and pickles, then brought it all out to Evie. She, of course, had some too, without the pickles though.

"So, are you wanting a boy or a girl?" Mal asked.

"Hmm, I don't know." Evie said. "I wouldn't mind either one, just as long as the baby's healthy, I'll be happy. But I think I would really like having a little girl. I could make her a bunch of cute little outfits."

Mal laughed a little. "You'd just be having too much fun with that wouldn't you?" She joked some more. "You're gonna be a great mom."

"Aww you're so sweet, M!" Evie said hugging Mal. "I want to give this child a better childhood than the one I was given."

"And you will. In a way, you've kinda been like a mother to me." Mal told her. "You've taken care of me when I was sick, helped me study with my tests, encouraged me when I was upset. And even was there for me when I was in that accident and couldn't remember you. You've always been there for me, E. And like I said, you're gonna be a great mom!"

Evie knew that Mal was right, she was gonna be a great mom. And she honestly couldn't wait to be one. She and Mal had a great time together the next few days, just spending quality sister-sister time together.

A/N: I know this one was shorter than my other one shots but it was all that I could really come up with. The person who suggested this one to me wanted to remain anonymous, so I'm gonna respect that. But I still want to thank them for suggesting this! I hope you all still liked this one! Let me know what you thought. Until the next chapter!!!