Something To Get Over (Part 1)

On one rainy and stormy afternoon in Auradon, Mal had just been watching tv in the castle while all comfortable inside her purple hoodie. Evie had been in her workroom finishing up a few more orders that she had been behind on. But once all that had been finished she decided to work on something different, something for Mal. It was a leather jacket that Mal had been asking her for since February and had been working on slowly ever since.

Evie then decided that it might be a good idea to see how it fit Mal as it was in that moment, just to see how much alterations and things she would have to make. And so she stepped out of the room and went into the living area where Mal was just sitting on the couch. "Hey M," She called out softly as she approached the couch from behind and softly ran her hand down Mal's shoulder. "I was wondering if you might be able to come with me for a minute so I can see how your jacket looks on you and everything I might have to fix."

Mal paused the tv before putting her head back so she could look up at Evie who was smiling down at her. She then nodded her head and quietly gave her an "of course." before standing up and following her into the workroom. Evie gave her another smile as she led Mal into the room.

"Ok M, just stand right here I'll get the jacket." She said to Mal before approaching one of the mannequins that was wearing the jacket.

Mal, watching Evie do so, gulped nervously as she glanced down at her feet not sure she wanted to do that anymore. "Um, E?"

Evie grabbed the jacket and began making her way back over to Mal as she looked right into her green eyes after hearing the sweet nickname Mal had given her.

"Yes?"

"It's uh, a little hot in here. Maybe we could just try the jacket on another time and you can fix it later."

A quiet laugh escaped from Evie as she continued stepping over to Mal with the jacket still in her grasp. She didn't think anything of that statement figuring Mal was just making a small joke considering she was wearing a hoodie when it was beginning to feel like summer outside. "Well you could take off that hoodie you're wearing."

Mal glanced down again, this time at her hoodie as it clicked that Evie just thought she was joking. She then began slowly taking steps back from Evie who was still trying to approach her. "M, where are you trying to go?"

"Can we just do this later?"

"Why? It'll only take a few minutes." Evie informed her as she went ahead and helped Mal slip into the leather jacket. Mal watched as Evie took a look at her wearing it and as she furrowed her brow. "That's weird, I was positive I made it your size. It looks pretty big on you."

Mal stayed silent while Evie retook all her measurements after finding the jacket too big on her. She could see the confusion all over Evie's expression, Mal knew why the jacket may have been a bit big, but she wasn't about to tell Evie that. "So uh, can I go now?"

"M, your measurements they're way off. How have you gone down almost 3 sizes in not even 2 months?" Evie questioned not understanding what could have happened.

"I'm sure it's not that bad."

"Mal what's going on? You even seem smaller, have you been eating normally?"

"Of course I have Evie, what kind of question is that?!" Mal suddenly snapped.

Evie was taken back but that sudden outburst that Mal had just made to her. Mal never usually spoke to her that way so to hear her snap like that was definitely unusual. "M, calm down. I'm just a little concerned right now, that's all."

"Well you don't need to be, I'm fine!" Mal replied still raising her voice a bit.

Evie sighed feeling in her gut that Mal wasn't telling the truth. She could always sense when things were wrong, especially when it came to Mal. It was then that Evie just shook her head at Mal not believing what she had just told her. She instead just grabbed a hold of Mal's hand and started leading her upstairs.

"Where are you taking me?" Mal questioned while being forced to follow after Evie.

"I'm going to see if you're actually fine."

"And how exactly are you going to do that?"

"Mal, just come with me." Was all Evie said as she took her into hers and Henry's bedroom. Mal didn't know what she should think at first by Evie taking her in there, but the moment when they stepped into the bathroom and Evie pulled out a scale and set it down on the floor Mal felt her eyes widen upon seeing that. She tried slowly backing out of the room to somehow of getting out of it.

"Mal no, step on this scale."

Mal shook her head at her not wanting that. She knew what she had been doing to herself and she also knew how Evie would react and feel about it. "I don't want to E."

"I know M, but I just want to see how bad it is."

"How bad what is?"

Evie sighed and glanced down at her feet before looking back up at Mal. "Mal I know how you're feeling about this, but stalling isn't going to work here. Just please step on the scale for me."

Mal stared at Evie for a few seconds still not wanting to step onto that scale like she was telling her to but she knew that Evie wasn't going to let her leave without stepping on that scale. So after a sigh Mal took a step on the scale but refused to even glance down at the numbers. She heard Evie's quiet gasp after it was done and Mal couldn't even bring herself to look at Evie either.

As soon as Evie had seen the numbers on the scale she could feel her heart just drop as she let out a gasp. She then looked up at Mal who couldn't even look at her which told Evie that Mal had known she was losing weight. "Mal, you're 92 pounds. What happened?" She asked barely above a whisper.

Mal slowly looked up into Evie's brown eyes not sure what she should tell her. She knew why, but she wasn't sure she was ready to tell anyone the truth yet and she didn't know what else she could say. But she also knew that she couldn't lie to Evie either, so it was then that she opened her mouth and prepared to just tell Evie everything that she possibly could in that moment.

A/N: I apologize for such the long wait for this but I'm trying to get my motivation back which is why this isn't necessarily the longest thing out there. But I'll be trying to get part 2 of this out as soon as I can. But anyways I would like to shout out my good friend Descendantsfan03 for giving me this idea! Please let me know what you all thought of this and if you have any, feel free to leave a request for another one shot or short story down in the comments. Until the next chapter!!!