Date Preparations

"Evie!" Mal yelled as she burst into their dorm after another school day.

"What is it, Mal? Is something wrong?" Evie asked standing up and rushing over to her worried that something might have happened.

"No! Everything's fine." Mal told her.

Evie sighed in relief. "Ok, you had me worried for a second. So, if nothing's wrong, then why did you yell my name like that?"

"Because, Carlos asked me out on a date." Mal said.

Evie gasped as her hands flew to her mouth in surprise. "He finally asked you out!" She said barely able to contain her excitement.

"Yes! But what do I wear? What do I even even do on a date?!" Mal was beginning to freak out. She had never really been on a date before, but she didn't want to disappoint Carlos. She really liked him.

"Relax Mal, you have me. I'll help you get ready, and let you know everything you need to know about going on a date." Evie told her.

"What would I do without you, E?" Mal asked.

"I don't know." Evie replied playfully. "Ok, first off, when getting ready for your date, you want to wear something that you know - without a doubt - that your special someone loves to see you wear. So what is Carlos' favorite outfit on you?"

"I don't know! He's never told me!" Mal yelled.

"Ok, then we'll just guess."

"Are you sure? Why can't I just wear what I want to wear?" Mal asked.

"Because, Mal, if you did, you wouldn't be date appropriate." Evie told her. "Mal, you have to trust me with this, I am an expert when it comes to love. Now, I am thinking, that you wear this, with this, with this, and with these!"

"Evie, don't you think, that this..I don't know..a little too fancy?" Mal asked.

"Well, fancy is good! I'd rather you be overdressed than underdressed." Evie told her.

"Those heels though, Evie..."

"What about them? I thought they went well with the outfit."

"There is no way I would be able to walk in those without breaking my ankles. And the jacket? A definite no. I will only wear the dress with the earrings." Mal said.

"But what about the purse?" Evie asked.

"I don't need that, Evie! I already have one!" Mal replied.

Evie sighed. "Fiiine! But you better start getting dressed now cause I still need to help you with your hair and your makeup." Evie told her as she handed Mal the dress and the earrings as she shoved her into the bathroom.

Mal rolled her eyes at the way Evie was acting as she got dressed. And Evie was just waiting in the dorm for her to be ready. She would keep glancing at the clock on the wall and then knock on the bathroom door to tell Mal to hurry up. 

And only about fifteen minutes later, Mal finally came out, and Evie gasped at the sight of her friend. "Mal, I've hardly ever seen you like this. It's different. But a good different."

Mal crossed her arms unimpressed with Evie. "Are you gonna do my hair and makeup, or what?" Mal asked her playfully.

"Right! On it!" Evie said going over to her vanity and pulling out the stool gesturing for Mal to go over and take a seat. Which Mal quickly did so.

Evie began brushing Mal's hair, getting all the tangles out and getting it straight. "I can't believe you and Carlos are going on a date. I have been shipping you two together for years, and now it's finally happening. Oh they grow up so fast." Evie said acting as if she was about to cry.

Mal just gave Evie a certain look through the mirror as if to say 'Are you serious right now?' "Evie, we are literally the same age, so if I'm growing up fast, then you're growing up fast, with me."

"Well, duh! Everybody does!" Evie said as she began braiding Mal's hair.

Mal rolled her eyes at her once more. "You're crazy."

"Aren't we all?" Evie joked.

Once Evie had finished putting Mal's hair in a braid on her left shoulder, she went on to do her makeup. "Now remember, when you get back tonight, you have to tell me all about your date. Ok?" Evie said as she applied blush onto Mal's cheeks.

Mal lightly laughed. "Ok. You know I wouldn't forget though. I tell you everything else." Mal said.

"That is true." Evie replied finishing with the blush and putting on lip gloss on her lips. "This is so your color." Evie said in such a way that Mal couldn't tell if she was talking to her, or herself again. Yes, again.

After Evie finally finished up Mal's makeup, she took a good look at Mal as she took her hands and held them. "Well? How do I look?" Mal asked.

"You look beautiful, M. Carlos is one lucky guy."  Evie told her just as a knock sounded on their door. "Ah! Speak of the De Vil." Evie joked making Mal laugh as she went to answer the door.

"Hey Evie! Is Mal ready?" Carlos asked.

"She sure is!" Evie said smiling as she opened the door all the way allowing Carlos to come inside.

Carlos was speechless as he saw Mal standing there in the most beautiful purple dress he had ever seen on her. "Wow, you look gorgeous! Shall we?" Carlos asked as she held out his arm for her.

"We shall?" She replied as she hooked her arm with his. 

"Now, you two run along and have a good time!" Evie said. "And have fun! But not too much fun! You hear me, Carlos?" 

Carlos and Mal laughed at her as they left the dorm and went on their date. Evie was truly happy for them. And she was also happy that she could help Mal get ready for her date with Carlos. After all #Marlos!

A/N: So what did y'all think of this one? Shout out to @DarknessToShine for this request I hope you enjoyed it! As did the rest of you! So please let me know what you thought. Until the next chapter!!!