My Hero (Part 3)

A/N: The author's note is going to go up here for this part cause I wanna first say that I am really sorry for the wait on this, I'm sure you all are probably already aware of this, but the last 4 days have been incredibly stressful and hard with the thief who kept creating and deleting multiple accounts to steal my stories and bully a lot of you who tried to confront them. But anyways I would like to shout out Descendantsfan03 who helped me come up with a few ideas in this part and for letting me use a couple of her characters who will be featured in this part. And just as a reminder or for those who may not have checked out mine and Descendantsfan03's  collab short stories collection, anyways her Evie will be making an appearance in this part and she will be mentioned as Evie 1 and she's from her little Mal series. Sorry about the length of this note but with all that said, on to the story!

***

Mal didn't know where she was going as she ran down the hallways of the hospital continuing to sob uncontrollably. But she finally came to a stop as she covered her face with her hands and cried into them as she slid down against the wall. Mal was filled with the horrible feeling of guilt just pressing upon her after seeing Evie in the awful state she was in. Mal knew it was her fault, she was the one that started that fire, she was the reason Evie went back into the house. It was all her fault.

While all the thoughts raced through her head and she continued sobbing into her hands just sitting on the floor and against the wall, she felt someone pull her from the wall and wrap their arms around her. She uncovered her face and lifted her gaze up to see who it was that had pulled her into their embrace. And to her surprise when she looked up, she saw it was Henry as she gave him a slightly confused look before he looked down at her and gave her a small smile.

"What are you doing?" Mal questioned him causing him to laugh quietly.

"I know it must be a shock right?" He replied. "Evie would be right here doing what I'm doing right now. So since she can't, I'm doing it for her."

"If Evie could be here right now hugging me like you are right now, we wouldn't be in this hospital. This is my fault, I did it to her and now she's hurt because of me."

"Mal, it's not your fault. We both know how much Evie loves and cares about you." Henry tried reminding her.

"Yes it is my fault!" She raised her voice at him breaking away from the hug.

"Mal just calm down ok? You can't blame yourself for this, Evie wasn't going to let you die in that fire. And I know for a fact that Evie wouldn't want you blaming yourself when she risked her own life to save yours."

"You don't get it! I'm the one that started the fire! Evie wouldn't have had to go back in and save me if there was no fire in the first place." Mal yelled at him as she began sobbing all over again.

Henry looked at Mal in shock as to what she had just told him. "What? How? What even happened?" He started asking her questions.

"I was stupid, I was doing all kinds of different spells and I messed one up and before I knew it fireballs were shooting out from my hands and there was a blast that knocked me out." She explained to him. "I shouldn't have used my magic, I should've just stuck to finishing my homework but instead I may have just killed my best friend."

"Hey, don't you dare think like that Mal. It was an accident ok? Accidents happen and you did not kill Evie. She's hurt yes, but you did not kill her and Evie is going to wake up and be just fine."

Mal hung her head as she continued to shed tears just picturing Evie laying in that hospital bed. She had listened to what Henry was telling her, and while she thought that maybe he was right she still couldn't get rid of all the guilt she felt weighing on her heart and just sitting there like a pile of bricks. Henry saw that, he saw that look of hurt flashing in her eyes, the pain and guilt she was feeling, he could see it.