The Perfect Tree

It was finally December and Christmas was just around the corner. And everyone was super excited about it. Especially the vk's, this would their second time celebrating Christmas, and they just could not wait! Everyone had begun decorating their dorms for the upcoming Holiday, and the hallways, along with all of the classrooms were decorated.

But on that extra chilly, Friday afternoon, Evie was sitting behind her work desk staring at the empty corner of the dorm with her chin resting on the palm of her hand, as she let out a sigh that got Mal's attention.

"Everything ok, E?" She asked.

"Well, for the most part yes." Evie replied. "But I think it's time we got a Christmas tree."

Mal looked over at the corner of the room that Evie was still staring at. "Yeah, you're right. So let's go get one!" Mal suggested making Evie just about snap her neck as she turned towards Mal so quick.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"As serious as I'll probably ever be." Mal told her.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go already!" Evie said super excited as she grabbed her coat and put it on with Mal doing the same, before the two of them headed out to Clarabelle. "We're off to find the perfect tree! And I mean it has to be perfect, Mal."

"I know. That's how it was last year, E." Mal reminded her.

On the way there they listened to Evie's Christmas playlist and sang along, just enjoying their special one-on-one time together. "I love spending time around the holidays with you, Mal. We always have so much fun together!"

"Yeah, I feel the same way, Evie." Mal replied.

And before they knew it, they had arrived at the Christmas tree farm. And when Evie stepped out of her car she took a deep breath in. "Mmm, you smell that Mal? It's the smell of Christmas trees." She said.

"Really? I had no clue!" Mal said sarcastically causing Evie to playfully smack the back of her head.

"You're such a little stinker." She told her.

"I'll be here all year!" Mal joked as they both shared a laugh. They soon began looking for that perfect Christmas tree that Evie wanted so much. "How about this one, Evie?" Mal asked pointing to the tree she was standing beside.

Evie really looked at it and inspected it. "It's just not right." She said.

"What do you mean it's not right?" Mal asked. "It's a good tree!"

"And I'm not saying it's a bad one. It's just, not the one that's meant for us. Believe me, I'll know which one it is once we find it." Evie told her as she continued to look at all the different trees.

And as she kept looking with Mal by her side, she just couldn't find the right tree. The tree that was nothing short of perfect. And as time flew by, without either of them really checking the time, they had been there for almost two hours. And Mal was beginning to freeze, and Evie still hadn't found a tree.

"Evie, can you just hurry up and pick a tree already? Jack Frost is nipping at my nose." Mal said hugging herself to keep warm.

Evie glanced at Mal who she could see was freezing to death as she was shivering and her cheeks and nose were turning red. "I still haven't found the right one yet, though." She said.

"Evie, please?" Mal began begging.

Evie sighed. "Maybe it's just not here. We'll try a different Christmas tree farm tomorrow, I guess." She said as she turned around. And as they headed towards the exit, Evie spotted a tree that was absolutely perfect.

 And as they headed towards the exit, Evie spotted a tree that was absolutely perfect

"Mal! Look! I found it! The perfect tree!" Evie exclaimed running over to it.

Mal, still shivering, slowly walked over to it. "It is perfect!" Mal agreed.

"Let's get it!" Evie said excitedly as two guys helped them put it on top of Clarabelle for them. And Evie drove happily back to Auradon Prep as Mal had the heat blasting.

"Oh that feels so good!" Mal said feeling the heat warm up her body.

Evie giggled a bit. "Now all we have to do is get Jay and Carlos to help us get it up to our dorm, and decorate it!" She said.

"I'm glad you found your perfect tree, Evie." Mal said.

"Me too!" Evie agreed. And as soon as they pulled into Auradon Prep, Jay and Carlos helped them get the tree and carried it up to the girls' dorm and set it up for them. "Thanks boys!"

"You're welcome, ladies!" Jay replied as he and Carlos left the girls to decorate their tree.

Evie quickly got out the ornaments out of the closet, turned on some more Christmas music as they began to decorate their tree.

"Oh this is the perfect song to listen to right now." Mal said as Evie turned on the music.

"That's exactly why I turned it on!" Evie replied. And when the two of them had finished, they took a step back to admire their work. "It truly is the perfect tree. You wanna do the honors of turning on the lights?" She asked Mal handing her the plug.

"How about let's do it together!" Mal suggested.

"I like that idea!" Evie said as they both then plugged in the lights as it quickly lit up the room. Evie pulled Mal in for a little side hug. "It's beautiful!"

"You did a great job picking out the tree, Evie." Mal told her.

"I did, didn't I?"

They shared another laugh as they continued to admire their tree. Their perfect tree.

A/N: So what did you all think of this? This was just an idea that happened to pop into my head, so I hope you all liked and enjoyed it! Please let me know what you thought. And leave a request for another one shot if you have one. Until the next chapter!!!