Boys

All was quiet in Mal and Evie's dorm on that Thursday afternoon after school. The only sounds were the clicks of Evie's sewing machine, and the turned down volume of Candy Crush playing on Mal's phone. It was calm, relaxing, and peaceful in the dorm. The perfect atmosphere for Mal and Evie. But, of course, it just had to be interrupted by a quick knock on the door before it was opened by Henry.

Evie smiled at the sight at the sight of her boyfriend as she turned off her machine and went over to give him a kiss. "Hey babe! What are you doing here?" She asked him as she kept her arms wrapped around his neck. And Mal was just kind of looking at them with her eyebrow raised.

"I forgot my jacket here yesterday when we were studying so I just came to get it real quick." Henry told her.

Evie kissed his cheek before turning around to try to find his jacket and she found it just draped over on the edge of her bed. So she let go of Henry and went over to get his jacket before handing it to him.

"Thanks babe!" He said before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her in for another kiss as Evie put her hands on the back of his head pulling him closer to her.

Mal was still just looking at them weirdly. Why did they have to be so gross in front of her. It's like she wasn't even there when Henry was around. But eventually, they pulled away from each other when Henry was leaving.

"I'll see you later." Henry told Evie as he walked out of the dorm.

"You sure will! I love you!" She called out as she grabbed the door getting ready to close it.

"I love you too!" He replied as the gave each other a quick peck on the lips before he left and Evie closed the door, and falling against it as she sighed in contentment with a dreamy, far-off look in her eyes.

"You two are seriously weird." Mal said.

"Well, I love Henry. He makes me happy it's not weird." Evie said. "Maybe if you had a boyfriend you'd understand."

"Well, I don't need a boyfriend, E. I'm perfectly happy single. And that's a big emphasis on happy." Mal informed her.

"You can't seriously want to spend the rest of your life all alone." Evie said. "Are you just gonna be the lonely old cat lady, who didn't need no man, only her cats?"

"Ok, for your information. I am not a cat person, so I won't be that old cat lady." Mal told her. "I just don't need a boyfriend."

"Well Mal, someday you might just find yourself changing your mind about that." Evie said to her. "When you find the right guy, you'll know, and you will want to be with him for the rest of your life."

"Pfft! Yeah, right! I'd like to see the day that, that happens!"

***

About a week had passed since Mal had that little talk with Evie. And she was still going on with her theory. She was Mal, daughter of Maleficent! She didn't need a boyfriend. She was just fine on her own! She could take care of herself, and didn't need a guy to protect her.

It was the end of another school day, and things seemed to be relatively normal. And as she was putting her things in her locker, her books were suddenly shoved out of her hands. She heard laughter from behind her. She didn't need to turn around to know it was Chad. Again.

But she still turned around to glare at him. "Hey Mal! I think you dropped something!" He said with that stupid smile on his face.

"What do you want, Chad." Mal spit out his name like it was poison.

"Oh you know, just the usual. For you to do my homework." He said.

"Like you could get me to do that for you. Especially after what you just did." Mal said.

"I'll do it again." He said before reaching into her locker and pushing more of her stuff onto the floor. Until he was stopped by a punch to his face. Mal's mouth hung open as she watched him fall to the floor, holding his nose as blood began to cover his hand. Mal turned her head to see Carlos standing there, fanning his hand.

"That one kind of stung." He said.

Mal found herself just staring at him. Chad quickly stood up and ran away, probably heading to the nurse. Carlos was just kind of smirking at Mal who was still staring at him.

"You're so strong." Mal said making Carlos laugh a little.

"You're welcome." He said. "I didn't like Chad treating you like that. You didn't deserve it."

"Yeah, he's just a big jerk-face."

"Yeah. I should get going, I have to meet Jay at the tourney field for practice. I'll see ya around!" He said as he walked away.

Mal found herself just watching him walk away until he was out of sight. And without even realizing it, she sighed. But caught herself and just kind of shook herself as she headed to her dorm.

She started humming to herself as she opened the door and set her backpack down, she was in her own little world, she didn't even realize that Evie was in the dorm looking at her weirdly. Evie saw her friend acting really weird, humming to herself not even acknowledging her presence which was also weird. But then it hit her. Mal was in love. How did she not realize it sooner?

"Hey Mal!" She called making her jump as Mal didn't even know she was in there. "Who's the lucky guy?"

Mal furrowed her eyebrows together confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Mal, it's all over you. You're in love. Now who is it?"

"I'm in love?" She asked with her eyes widening. How did she not even notice? "I..I..I think it's Carlos."

Evie gasped before squealing as she jumped up to go and basically squeeze the life out of Mal. "You two would make such a cute couple! I told you, you would find somebody. Who knew it would be this soon!"

"Yeah, it is crazy. We're both boy-crazy now." Mal said.

Evie laughed. "I know. Isn't it great!" She said before she gasped. "Do you know what this means?! We can go on double dates! We can even have a double wedding!"

"Whoa Evie! Slow down! Carlos doesn't even know I like him yet!" Mal yelled as she pushed herself away from Evie who was about to squeeze her to death.

"Oh but he so obviously loves you too!"

Mal shook her head. Evie was always one to go overboard. But now, it was official. Mal and Evie were boy-crazy!

A/N: So? What'd you think? Shout out to Chloebalboe who suggested this to me! This one was really fun to write and I hope you all enjoyed it! So please let me know what you thought! And leave a request for another one shot if you have one. Until the next chapter!!!