The Accident (Part 1)

"Maaal!" Evie called out softly as she searched around the dorm for the purple haired girl with her nerf gun in hand, as she and Mal were having a little nerf war in their dorm.

She stood up on her tip-toes to peek over the side of Mal's bed. And she smiled when she spotted the top of Mal's head. She quietly walked over there and got on the bed creeping up to Mal, who still had no idea that Evie was right behind her. Evie then tickled Mal's sides making Mal shoot up to her feet before she shot Evie with one of the foam bullets.

"Oh! My heart!" Evie said putting her hand over her chest and falling to the floor dramatically.

Mal rolled her eyes as she got down on her knees beside Evie and pretended to give her CPR. And Evie giggled before sitting up. "Oh look! You are alive." Mal joked.

"That was fun, M. Wanna go for another round?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure!"

They were about to go and hide when someone knocked on their door. "I'll get it!" Mal volunteered as she set her gun on the bed and went to open the door, and saw Jay and Carlos on the other side.

"Hey Mal! Hey Evie!" The boys said.

"Oh hey guys!" Evie said waving at them from behind Mal. "You want to come in?"

"No thanks." Jay said. "We were just about to head out to do some bike riding with Uma, Harry, and Gil on the trails, and we wanted to know if Mal wanted to come with us."

"That sounds awesome!" Mal said. "Can I go, E?"

"Yeah, sure go have a good time!" Evie encouraged her.

"Great! Just give me one second to go grab my stuff." Mal said as she left the door to get her leather jacket, gloves, and helmet, before grabbing the keys to her dirt bike and leaving with Jay and Carlos.

They went to their bikes and drove to the trails where Uma, Harry, and Gil were already there and waiting for them.

"Nice of you to join us!" Harry said sarcastically.

"Yeah? Well, we're here now so let's get this party started!" Jay said as he revved up his bike before going over some of the jumps, tires, and the other obstacles that were set up. The others soon followed and joined him, and took turns going over the obstacles and showing off their stunts.

Mal was the last one to go, and she was soon flying over every obstacle, doing flips and stuff like that.

"Man, that girl's good!" Uma said as they all watched Mal.

"Yeah, she's self-taught, too." Jay told her.

"No way!" Uma said in disbelief with a small smirk on her face.

"Way!" Jay replied.

But without warning, as Mal was going over the biggest jump, it was a little slippery at the end due to some mud, causing Mal to almost lose control of her bike and it being too late for her to do anything. She lost grip of the handle-bars, and fell off her bike in mid-air.

All five of them gasped at the horrible sight, as Mal landed on the ground harshly, her bike landed on the ground also, dangerously close to Mal before it rolled over onto the lower half of her body.

"Mal!" They yelled as they all ran over to her.

Carlos pulled off Mal's helmet to see that she was unconscious as blood from her lower lip and forehead to cover her face. Carlos put his fingers on Mal's neck, trying to find a pulse. He sighed in relief when he found one. "She's alive!" He said as they all let out breaths they had been holding.