The Trouble with School

Awful.

The one word that described the day perfectly.

Mal had trouble falling asleep last night, as the air had gone out in hers and Evie's dorm, so with all of the heat, she wasn't able to sleep.

All throughout that morning, Mal was just trying to stay awake. Even her coffee wasn't helping her, which goes to show that she was desperate as Mal never drank coffee unless she absolutely had to. And to make things worse, she had a test in Social Studies that she had not studied for at all.

She was waiting for class to start, and she had fallen asleep on her desk. Evie entered the classroom, and went to go find her seat next to Mal's, only to find the girl asleep while soft snores escaped from her mouth. Evie sighed as she sat down before shaking her awake. Mal groaned before turning her head the other way and continued to sleep.

"Mal, class is about to start. You need to wake up." Evie told her.

But Mal just kept sleeping acting as if she hadn't heard a word she had just said. The teacher then walked in and spotted the daughter of Maleficent sleeping.

He pounded his books against his desk succeeding in waking her up. "Nice of you to join us this morning, Mal." He said making Mal roll her eyes as she tried to keep herself awake.

The teacher then passed out the test sheets to all the students. And then signalled for them to begin.

Mal looked at the first question, she was pretty sure she knew the answer to that one, so she quickly wrote it down, but for the rest of the questions, she had no idea. So she wrote down random answers, she was bound to at least get some of them right. Hopefully. She tried going as far as to get some hints from Evie.

"Hey E!" She whispered. "What's number twenty-three?"

"I'm not helping you cheat, M." Evie whispered back as she continued to write her answers down on her own paper.

Mal just huffed as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand. She wrote down some more guesses before handing her paper to the teacher at his desk.

"Finished already? I'm quite surprised with you." He said.

Mal just have him a small smile before going to sit back down.

"How did you finish so fast?" Evie whispered.

"I guess I'm smarter than I look." Mal whispered just waiting for the rest of the class to finish.

And once everybody did, she had to wait longer for the teacher to give everybody back their tests after scoring them. So while they waited, Evie just braided Mal's hair. "So how well do you think you did?" Evie asked Mal.

"Oh, probably a B." Mal replied as that was she usually got. "So you think you did good?"

"Oh yeah! I studied, studied, and studied some more, I'm almost guaranteed an A+" Evie said.

Mal have her a laugh. "You always do, E."

And by the time Evie had finished with Mal's hair, the teacher passed out the scores test sheets. "Well done, miss Evie. I was quite impressed with your work." The teacher praised her as he handed her, her test with a big fat A+ on it.

"Here miss Mal. I am very disappointed." He said giving Mal her test.

Mal looked at it before her eyes widened at the F written on the paper. "Are you sure this is right?" She asked the teacher.

"Unfortunately it is." He replied.

Mal couldn't believe she had been given another F. Her third one in a row, as she had gotten one on her Chemistry test, and another on her Math test.