Surprise, Surprise

"M! I'm going out to get more groceries! I'll be back in a couple hours!" Evie called out to Mal.

"Ok E! Take your time!" Mal replied coming into the room. Evie smiled at her before she walked out the door? "Ok guys she's gone now!"

Jay and Carlos came running down the stairs and jumped on the couch. "Alright, we're here!" Jay said to Mal.

"Ok, so as we all know Evie's birthday is in three days and we need to think of the perfect way to celebrate and make her feel special." Mal told them.

"But she already feels special, she has us for friends!" Jay said.

"Jay! You know what I mean!" She said to him. "I think I may have the perfect idea to celebrate Evie's birthday. We should throw her a surprise party!"

"That's a great idea!" Carlos yelled out. "Where should we have it?"

"Right here, duh!" Mal replied obviously.

"That could work. Except for one problem." Jay said. "I think Evie would be a little suspicious if she saw us putting up all these decorations in her house for a party that we didn't tell her about."

"I know. Which is why she's not gonna be here." Mal told them with a smirk appearing on her face. "I was thinking Henry should take Evie out for a birthday date while we're here getting ready for the party. Then when it's time for it to start Henry will bring her back and we shout surprise! And viola, surprise party."

"That is perfect!" Carlos said liking Mal's idea. "Evie, will be so surprised!"

"That's kind of the idea, Carlos. Hence why it's called a surprise party." Mal told him.

"Oh right!"

***

Three days had passed and it was now Evie's birthday. Evie woke up to the smell of the most heavenly scent. So she quickly got dressed and walked into the kitchen, where on the table was her absolute favorite breakfast. Blueberry pancakes.

"Happy birthday Evie!" Mal, Jay, and Carlos said together.

"Aww you guys! Did you make this for me?" She asked them.

"Of course we did, E! It's your birthday!" Mal told her.

Evie gave the three vk's a hug before they all sat at the table to eat breakfast. "So are there anymore surprises that you have in store for the day?" Evie asked playfully as they all ate.

Mal laughed kind of nervously. "Well, you'll just have to wait and see." She said just as a knock was heard on the front door.

"Who's that?" Evie asked.

"Go and find out." Mal told her.

Evie slowly stood up as she eyes Mal suspiciously, but she still went to go answer the door. And she saw it was her boyfriend holding up a picnic basket. "Henry!"

"Happy birthday, princess. I am taking you out on a birthday date." He told her.

Evie couldn't keep the smile off her face. "Well, I guess I'll see you three later." Evie told her friends as she grabbed her jacket and followed Henry out the door.

Mal then practically slammed that door shut as turned back to Jay and Carlos. "Ok, now we need to get this place ready for the party." Mal said to them. "Jay? Go get all the decorations and bring them down here."

"On it!"

"Carlos? I need you to start baking Evie's cake." Mal told him.

"I'll get right to it." He replied before heading into the kitchen.