Evie Has Powers? (Part 4)

Mal, Jay, and Carlos were in Jay's car driving all around Auradon City trying to find any sign of Evie. But so far, they weren't having much luck. "Where is someplace Evie would go to try and hide?" Carlos asked the other two vk's.

"I don't know. I wish I did." Mal said with her head resting against the window while looking out of it.

"Don't worry guys, we will find her. It might take some time of course, but we will." Jay told them trying to keep a positive attitude.

Mal nodded in response, she just wanted Evie to know that she wasn't scared of her, that there was no reason to be afraid of hurting her. Over all, she just wanted Evie to be okay. But suddenly, as Mal continued to think about Evie and worry about her, she had an idea on how they might possibly be able to find her.

"Jay, go back to Auradon Prep now!" She yelled causing Jay to slam on the brakes.

"Why? What's so important? Did you forget something?" He started asking her questions.

"Just go!" Mal yelled again as Jay made a U-turn back to the school.

As soon as Jay parked the car, Mal jumped out of it and ran inside the school with the boys following after her. Mal burst into the dorm and started going through Evie's side of the closet.

"Mal, what are you doing? Is Evie in her closet or something?" Carlos asked as he wondered why Mal made such a big deal about coming back to the school when Evie clearly wasn't anywhere near there. Mal didn't say anything as she came back out of the closet with Evie's blue leather jacket and laid it on Evie's work desk.

"Mal, seriously. Tell us what you're doing." Jay said to her as Mal then turned around to face them.

"I'm gonna try a locator spell on Evie's jacket. If I do it right, the jacket will lead us straight to Evie." Mal explained to them.

"Then by all means, go on." The boys encouraged her.

Mal nodded, turning back around to the jacket closing her eyes to do the spell. "There's not a moment to waste, for we're done being hasty, now lead the way to our friend Evie." She chanted as Evie's jacket began glowing and floating above the desk. "Jay, open the door." Jay did as Mal told him to, before the jacket flew out the door. "Quick! Follow it!" The three of them then ran after the jacket hoping it would take them to Evie.

***

Evie entered the old, and seemingly abandoned castle as she pushed the rotted wooden doors out of her way. She stepped inside and looked around, in awe of the castle. Almost everything inside was made of stone, like the exterior. She was absolutely intrigued by it all, she could only imagine how long it had been since someone last lived there.

She walked up a giant staircase to the second story to explore up there. She was about to walk into one of the rooms when she was stopped by a voice. "Who are you?" They said making Evie just about jump out of her skin, accidentally letting a ball of fire escape, heading straight for the unknown stranger. "Whoa! How did you do that?"

"I'm so sorry! I swear I didn't mean to do that!" Evie was quick to apologize.

"It's okay, you didn't hurt me. But seriously, who are you?" They asked again.

"I'm Evie. I'm from Auradon Prep." She told them.

"Auradon Prep? It's been forever since I last went there." The stranger said.

"You went to Auradon Prep? If I may ask, who are you?" Evie asked them.

"I'm Julie." She said as she stepped out from the dark corner to show Evie her face. "So what brings you here?"

"I had to isolate myself so I could learn to control my powers." Evie told her. "I'm afraid that I'll hurt the people I love. I've already killed someone, and I would never be able to forgive myself if I did that to someone else. Especially if it was Mal."

"Who's Mal?" Julie asked as she tilted her head to the side slightly.

"Oh, she's my best friend, my little sister. I've already hurt her, I can't do any more damage if I just hide somewhere until Ivan control them."

"I've been hiding here for the past 3 years, no one's ever found me so you're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like. But then again, there's no one out there that cares about me enough to come look for me." Julie said to her.

"Why have you been hiding for 3 years?" Evie asked as she approached Julie even further to where they both sat down on the cold, stone floor across from each other.

"Because, I'm the daughter of Jack Skellington, so obviously I'm a skeleton. Before I started going to Auradon Prep, I was homeschooled because I knew everybody would be afraid of me." Julie started her story. "So my dad went to Fairy Godmother to asked her to use her magic to let me at least be enough human to fit in. It worked for my first day, but then I found out there was a catch it only worked during the day, then everytime the sun sets I was back to being my true self. My roommate was afraid of me, as was everybody else in the school, they called me a monster. I had enough, so I left and never came back. I've been here ever since."

Evie listened to Julie's story as she felt awful for how this girl had been treated. "I don't think you're a monster." She told her.

"Thanks. But you haven't seen what I really look like." Julie said to her.

"I don't have to. A true friend, would see you for who you are on the inside, not on the outside." Evie replied.

Julie smiled at Evie. "So what are you saying? Are you wanting to be my friend? We literally just met."

"So? If I'm going to be staying here while I learn to control my powers, I might as well befriend the girl I'll be staying with. So what do you say? Friends?" Evie asked as she held her hand out for Julie to shake.

"Friends." Julie replied as she shook Evie's hand.

Evie smiled, happy that she was now friends with Julie, and she didn't have to be completely and totally alone. As she and Julie stood up from the floor, she saw Julie stare at something behind her with a wide and confused look in her eyes. "What is it?" She asked as he turned to look behind her. She was shocked to see her jacket floating behind her. "My jacket? What is this doing here? And floating in the air?"

"Yeah, that's really weird. And freaky." Julie said as Evie grabbed her jacket and stared at it with a confused look plastered on her face. But then it suddenly clicked on as to how this happened, especially when she heard Mal's voice call from below her. Mal had used a spell to find her. Evie became frozen not knowing what to do or say as she heard footsteps coming up the staircase. Mal had found her, she was afraid this would happen, and she couldn't do anything, except panic.

A/N: Ok, I know I am probably a little evil for leaving you all on a cliffhanger, but if you know me, you know how I love cliffhangers. All I can say is, hang in there😂 ok ok I'm done. But anyway please let me know what you thought of this! Oh and I wanted to thank you all for getting this book to 9k reads that's just insane! You all are the best! Until the next chapter!!!