Stay With Me

The bell had finally rung after another long day of school. Evie was quick to gather all of her things and exit the classroom. She was looking forward to spending time with Mal, relaxing on the bed while catching up on "The Office" and die laughing. But just as she got to the stairs to begin walking up to her dorm, she heard her name being called. She turned her head and saw Fairy Godmother hastily making her way over to her, her hand in the air as if to tell her not to take another step.

"Yes, FG?" She asked the older woman.

"I've been meaning to ask you something. You see, Audrey's grades in Chemistry haven't been as good, and she's just above a failing grade." The woman said to the vk who nodded to signify she was listening. "And since you are one of the best students here, and is acing all of her classes, especially Chemistry, I was wondering if you would be willing to tutor Audrey?"

"Of course! I would be happy to tutor her!" Evie happily replied.

"Oh thank you so much! I am certain with you being her tutor, her grades will go right back up." She said to Evie giving her a big warm smile. "Your first session had been set up for tomorrow evening." Evie nodded as she was sure that wouldn't interfere with any plans. Fairy Godmother sent her one more smile before heading to her office.

Evie then started going back up the stairs and to her dorm, where she thought Mal would be waiting for her on the bed. But nope! Mal was nowhere to be found in the dorm. She tried calling out for her, but she was just responded with silence. She shrugged her shoulders and started getting some of her homework done. She would occasionally look down at her phone to see what time it was, wondering where Mal was and wasn't back in the dorm yet.

Another hour passed before Mal finally walked through the door, Evie put her pen down as she got up from the bed to give Mal "the look" to let her know she wasn't exactly too happy with her. Mal looked up at her with a guilty grin on her face as she felt a little uncomfortable from Evie's hard stare on her.

"Hi Evie!" She greeted her in a nervous voice.

"Where were you, Mal?" Evie asked her as she softened her look.

"Ok I'll tell you, but you have to promise you won't get mad." Mal started.

"Oh I can already tell I'm going to love this." Evie said to her.

"I've been in detention." Mal said a little fast as she waited for Evie to start yelling at her.

"What?! Mal, why on earth were you in detention?" Evie asked trying to stay calm. But she knew that Mal hadn't been in detention for awhile and now that she was again, it didn't make her too happy.

"I punched Doug again." Mal told her with a straight face, absolutely no sign of guilt anywhere.

"Mal, are you serious?" She asked her. "Why do you keep punching him? He hasn't done anything to you!"

"Yes, he has! He keeps ruining my day by showing his face." Mal replied as she approached Evie's bed, making herself comfortable against the pillows.

"That is no reason to punch him. And why are you on my bed?" She asked as she turned to Mal laying on her bed.

"Cause when you're done scolding me you're come back and sit down and I want to be right next to my best friend." Mal said giving her a big cheesy grin. Evie rolled her eyes playfully as she jumped on her bed and hugged Mal next to her. She always enjoyed times where she could just cuddle up with Mal without a care in the world.

***

The next day, Evie had finished up yet another day of school and was ready once again to head back to her dorm. And this time, she was welcomed by the sight of Mal actually in there this time, sitting on her and drawing in her sketchbook. "Hey M! Glad to see you're not in detention today." She said to her as she set her things down on her work desk.