Christmas Activities (Part 3)

The next morning, Mal and Evie were getting ready to meet the boys at Clarabelle to go ice skating. Mal was still a little unsure about it. She didn't want to fall and break her back or any part of her body, really. But Evie had kept assuring her that she would be just fine.

And so, once the two girls were completely ready, they headed to Clarabelle to wait on the boys. And they were blasting "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" as they waited. The music was so loud, they didn't even hear the boys open the car doors and come inside.

Jay and Carlos glanced at each other with strange looks on their faces as they saw Mal and Evie in the front dancing along to the music. Carlos tapped Mal on her shoulder, making her almost jump out of her skin.

"Oh, Carlos! It's just you!" She said in relief as she put her bands over her heart.

"Great! You guys are here, let's get going!" Evie said as she backed out of the parking lot and drove them to the ice skating rink.

And as Evie drove she turned on their favorite Christmas song, "Light of Christmas."

And all of them were once again singing and dancing. And Evie started swerving Clarabelle to the music. Yeah, she probably shouldn't have done that. But she just couldn't help herself. But soon enough, they arrived at the rink. The four of them pretty much bolted into the building to get some skates.

They told the guy behind the counter their shoe sizes, and then went to sit down so they could put them on. And when Mal stood up, she almost lost her balance as she quickly grabbed onto Evie.

"Evie! I can barely walk in these! How am I supposed to skate in them?!" Mal yelled.

Evie rolled her eyes playfully as she brought Mal's hands out of her arms, as she grabbed a hold of her hand. "Mal, you will be fine. Trust me." She assured her as they headed over to the rink.

Carlos and Jay immediately started racing each other as soon as they were out on the ice. Evie was easily gliding across the ice as she followed after the boys. Mal thought that they made it look so easy, so why couldn't she do it? She went out on the ice, and as soon as she felt herself start slipping, she grabbed onto the wall.

"Ok, I can't do this! Evie!" She screamed out.

Evie, hearing her name screamed by Mal, turned to her head towards the other side of the rink. And she saw Mal hugging the wall. "Oh, Mal." She sighed as she skated over to her. "Yes, Mal?" She asked once she was beside her.

"I'm having a bit of trouble." Mal told her.

Evie gave her an amused smile as she held out her hand to her. "Here, I'll help you." She said. Mal just stared at her hand for a few seconds before looking back up at Evie. And she connected her hand with Evie's before Evie started skating with Mal beside her. And as she did so, Mal started getting scared as she clung to Evie's arm. "M, you gotta let go a little. I won't let you fall, I promise."

Mal was unsure about it at first, but she slowly let go of Evie's arm and just held her hand. Jay and Carlos zoomed past them, still racing each other. And Mal thought Jay was going to run into her, so she once again grabbed Evie's arm, catching her off-guard as she accidentally let go of Mal's hand.

Mal screamed as she felt herself fall, and as she tried to stop herself, she twisted her ankle the wrong way, hearing a crack, as a sudden pain shot up her leg. She screamed again as the pain hit her.

"Mal, you need to stop trying to scare me. It's not gonna work this time." Evie told her.

But Mal didn't reply as she held her ankle as it pulsed with pain. "Evie, this isn't a joke. I think I did something to my ankle." Mal said, her voice filled with pain.

Evie's eyes widened as she began panicking when she realized that Mal wasn't faking it this time. "Ok, here I'm gonna help you up and get you off the ice." She told her as she picked her up in her arms and skated over to the exit, before sitting Mal on a bench to where her ankle was elevated.

Evie then got the attention of Jay and Carlos who stopped racing and skated over to Evie. "What's wrong, Eves?" Jay asked.

"It's Mal, she did something to her ankle. So I'm afraid we have to get going." Evie told them.

They nodded as they then skated towards the exit and then returned all of the skates in exchange for their shoes, then Jay carried Mal back to Clarabelle as Evie then drove them back to Auradon Prep.

"Well, skating was fun, while it lasted." Carlos said.

"Not for me." Mal said. "I'm horrible when it comes to ice skating, or any skating."

"It's ok, Mal." Evie told her.

And when they got back, Jay once again offered to carry Mal to hers and Evie's dorm. And Evie immediately went into mom mode as she put a pillow under Mal's ankles. Fluffed the pillows behind her head, and then went to make her some more hot coco.

"Thanks, E. I don't know what I would do without you." Mal said.

"Yeah, and hopefully you'll never have to find out." Evie replied as she laid next to Mal as they watched "Elf" together.

A/N: And I think that's how I'm going to end this short story, unless you guys want me to add a couple more parts to it. But I don't know. Let me know what you all think! And please let me know what you thought. And leave a request for another Christmas one shot, or just a regular one shot, if you have any. Until the next chapter!!!