All I Want For Christmas

Mal ran down the stairs and into the living room one morning to find Evie decorating the house for Christmas.

"Good morning, M." Evie said to her with a smile.

"Morning, E." Mal replied as she then sat down on the couch to watch her best friend decorate their home.

Evie glanced down at her from her place on the step stool while hanging Christmas lights on the walls. "So are you not going to help me?"

Mal shrugged in response. "You look like you can handle it." She then replied with a smirk.

Evie rolled her eyes as a small smile appeared on her face while continuing to hang up the lights. Mal continued to sit and watch her before Evie's boyfriend, Henry, entered the room carrying two mugs of hot chocolate, one of which he handed to Evie.

"Aw thanks babe." She said to him pausing for a moment to take a sip.

Mal stood there watching the two for a few moments before opening her mouth to speak. "So um, E, what are our plans for Christmas this year?" She asked her best friend.

Evie glanced over at her boyfriend before looking back at Mal. "Um Mal, there's something I've been meaning to discuss with you."

Mal furrowed her brows due to her confusion. "Like what?

"Well, me and Henry have been making all kinds of plans and arrangements to spend the holidays together." She explained to her little sister. "It's actually gonna be really nice, we're gonna be staying in this amazing cabin up in the mountains."

"Oh."

Mal glanced down. She would be lying if she didn't admit to being a little hurt and upset by that. Evie was her whole world and she didn't want to not have her around with her, especially at a time like Christmas.

"You're not upset, are you?" Evie questioned her seeing as Mal didn't seem too happy after what she had just told her.

"No, that sounds fun E. You should go." Mal replied trying to sound as supportive as she could even though she was still upset.

Evie smiled as she wrapped her arms around Mal in a hug. "Thanks M."

Mal put on a smile for her to keep giving her the impression that she wasn't actually upset. She then turned around and headed up the stairs to her room. She laid down in her bed just wanting to forget about everything she had just been told.

***

The weeks had passed and every day brought Mal closer to Christmas day. It was Christmas Eve and Mal was just sitting on Evie's bed watching her pack.

"You sure you're not upset?" Evie questioned her again as she knew her best friend and she knew that of course she couldn't be absolutely thrilled she was leaving with her boyfriend for the holiday.

Mal shook her head in response. "No E, just go you and Henry are gonna have a good time." It pained her to have to hold back what she truly wanted to say in that moment. But she also loved Evie too much to stop her from having a good time, even if it was without her.

Evie sighed as she nodded her head. "Well thanks M, for being supportive and everything. But on the bright side, when me and Henry get back we'll get to celebrate Christmas all over again." Mal slowly nodded her head once again holding her true feelings back.

Henry soon walked into the room and walked over to Evie's side. "You almost ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep! I've just got one more thing to pack then I'm good." She replied as she packed the last of her things. "Alright, now I'm ready to go."

Mal, still obviously not wanting them to go, quietly snuck out of the room to go into her own before she began to cry into her pillow. Christmas was supposed to be a holiday where family and friends could all be together, and her best friend, her big sister was leaving her on Christmas Eve and not coming back until the New Year. All she wanted was to be able to spend it with Evie and the boys all together, but she didn't want to ruin anything for her and Henry either which only made everything more difficult.

"Alright, I guess we'll see you later, M." Evie said thinking Mal was still in the room. But after not hearing a response she looked around the room only to find she and Henry were the only ones in the room. "I guess she must've left." Evie then stepped out to try and find her little sister.

As she walked past her room, the sounds of hushed crying caught her ear as she came to a stop right outside. She grabbed a hold of the door knob and slowly turned it and stepped inside to find Mal laying on her bed crying. "M? What's wrong?" She questioned making Mal immediately stop and wipe her tears.

"Nothing. You should go before you're late." Mal told her with her head turned to hopefully hide the fact that she had obviously been crying.

"M, its ok. I heard you crying, now please tell me whats wrong. I'm not going anywhere until you do." Evie replied as she sat down on the edge of her bed and began to rub her back gently.

"I don't want you to go." Mal confessed to her.

"You don't?"

"No. I want to celebrate Christmas all together not away from you." Mal told her big sister.

Evie looked down at her lap before turning her head to look back at her boyfriend who was standing in the doorway watching and listening to them.
Henry nodded his head in response knowing pretty much exactly what Evie was thinking.

"Mal's got a point, babe." He said. "I have an idea. Instead of just the two of us going to the cabin, why don't we all just go." A smile then appeared on everyone's faces at the mention of the idea.

"Yeah, let's do that." Evie said as she hugged Mal closer against her side.

"Yes! I'll pack my stuff!" Mal said excitedly as she hopped right off her bed and began to pack all of her things as fast as she could. "This is gonna be the best Christmas ever!"

Evie smiled as she kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "Thanks Henry, for letting Mal come with us."

"Of course. I would love to go on a vacation just the two of us, but Mal's important too. And as your best friend, she should be able to come along too." Henry told her before Mal approached them with her fully packed bags and they took off on their vacation.

All of them were able to spend the holiday together up in the cabin. Mal couldn't have been happier to spend it with her favorite people who were also her whole world. And it truly was one of their best Christmases ever.

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry it took me forever to get this out and that it wasn't really long either. But Merry Christmas to you all and thank you to my very good friend @Descendantsfan03 for giving me this idea. I hope you all enjoyed this please let me know what you thought of this down in the comments. And if you have any, feel free to leave a request for another one shot or short story. Until the next chapter!!!