No More Regrets (Final Part)

Yet another week had passed by in that hospital, and it hadn't gotten any less boring for Mal, and Evie wasn't any less bored either. However, Mal's feeding tube had finally been removed and in its place she was almost positive she was gonna get the coolest scar from it. She had also been trying to make her way through the hospital with her crutches so she could get used to them before she was able to go back home and it also gave her an excuse to get out of her dull and boring hospital room.

But in that moment she and Evie were chilling in the room playing a vicious game of Go Fish. "Got any...3's?" Mal asked as she lowered her brow at Evie as she was hiding the lower part of her face behind her cards.

"Go fish." Evie told her.

Mal groaned as she picked up another card and it wasn't one that matched with any of her other cards. "Why don't you have anything? Are you sure you're not cheating again?" She asked the bluenette suspiciously.

Evie scoffed as she was offended by that question. "You actually think I could be cheating?"

"Well you've done it before so why would this time be any different?" She said back.

"Ok so maybe I've cheated in the past, but I can promise you I'm not cheating now." Evie replied with a guilty looking smile on her face.

"Uh huh, let me see those cards." Mal said as she reached over to grab Evie's cards.

"Hey! Those are mine!" Evie yelled as she tried taking them back but Mal was holding them out of her reach while looking through them.

"Aha! You have almost every single card I asked you for that you made me go fishing for! How dare you!" Mal yelled at her playfully as she threw her cards back at her.

"What? I just like to win, is that such a bad thing?"

"It is when you cheat!"

"Well you're not exactly little ms. perfect over there either, I recall you cheating in UNO multiple times. Same goes with Monopoly, the Game of Life, and Scrabble! And we both know there's a whole lot more where that came from." Evie retorted. Mal opened her mouth to shout out more accusations but when she realized that Evie was right she quickly closed it back up. "See? You know I'm right." Mal rolled her eyes as she watched Evie put all the cards back into the little box.

"Hey, there's my favorite patient." Dr. Shaffer said as he entered the room.

"Aw I'm your favorite? I can see why, after all I am an amazing patient." Mal jokingly replied.

"Well Mal, I have to say I am very happy to see you're doing so well after everything you've been through these last few weeks. But I can now say that I think you're ready to go home." He said making Mal's eyes widen at that.

"Are you serious? I can actually go home?! YES! This is the best day of my life!" Mal cried out happily as those were the words she had been waiting to hear for the past 2 weeks that she had been awake.

"Alright, I'm glad to see you so excited but first I'm going to need you to sign these discharge papers first." He told her before handing her the clipboard he had been holding in his hands

"Great! Just what I love, signing papers." Mal sarcastically let out as she took the clipboard.

"I'll help you out, M. I know you better than you know yourself anyways." Evie told her as she took a seat on the bed next to Mal and took the clipboard along with the pen and began filling it all out for her.

Mal watched her do so with her chin resting on top of her fist as she was just dying to get out of that hospital and never go back. She watched Evie get close to the last part of the papers in anticipation to the moment when she would be completely finished.