No More Regrets (Part 2)

Evie was pacing back and forth endlessly in the waiting area of the hospital while waiting for dr. Shaffer to come out. She had tried sitting down, but sitting down made her think too much. Pacing could only do so much as for all the thoughts that would run through her head but at least she could be moving, just being able to walk around and focus a little more on that helped her not to focus too much on everything that was going on.

But with every hour that passed by, the more thoughts came through and not even pacing was able to help so much. In times like these she needed someone to be beside her before it became too much for her. She could feel herself start getting dizzy and a little nauseous and she knew that feeling a little too well. She went over to her purse and got out her phone to call Henry and explain the whole situation to him so that he would be able to come and comfort her.

"Hey Eve, what's up?" She heard him answer the phone after the third ring.

Evie had to hold her tears back before she spoke so he wouldn't be able to hear that she was so close to crying. "Henry, I'm at the hospital right now. I need you here, I think I might have a panic attack I have that feeling again." She told him.

"Of course, I'm on my way. Don't hang up ok? I'll stay on the phone with you the whole time." She heard him reply. "Eve, are you okay to try and explain what's going on? Why are you at the hospital?"

"It's Mal again, she's been in another accident. This time it's really bad, I can feel it. Just please get here now I need you." Evie said to him as she was no longer able to hold her tears back any longer as she let them start falling.

"Eve, everything's gonna be okay. I'm gonna be there before you know it, just hang in there for me. Take a deep breath." He tried telling her.

Evie tried taking a breath but just started crying even harder as every single word from both her and Mal during their fight all came flooding back at once. "I can't." She whispered to him through her tears.

"Evie it's okay. I'm almost there." He told her causing Evie to nod even though he couldn't see her.

Evie could feel herself growing worse as her breaths became shakier, her body was all just shaky and she couldn't control her sobs anymore. It felt like an eternity before she saw her boyfriend enter the hospital and rush over to her as he wasted no time in wrapping his arms around her. "I can't..I can't..breathe." She told him while crying into his jacket.

"Evie look at me, copy me okay?" He said as he held her face in his hands and took several deep breaths before exhaling while Evie did her best to do the same. After a little over 5 minutes of doing that, he was finally able to help her calm down. "Why don't we go sit down and you can tell me everything."

Evie nodded her head as she followed him over to a couple of chairs as they sat down next to each other. "Me and Mal had the biggest fight I think we've ever had. I messed up big time, Henry. I hurt her, and I've never done that. The worst part is, she said I'm just like her mom, she's right though, I am just like her. I'm supposed to be her best friend and instead I yelled horrible things at her and now what if I don't get the chance to tell her how sorry I am?" She explained to him through her tears.

Henry sighed listening to her as he held her close to him while rubbing her arm comfortingly. "Eve, it'll be okay. Mal is strong and she'll get through this just like last time."

"I just don't know if I'm strong enough to go through this again. Not after everything that's happened." Evie confessed to him.

"Evie, Mal is going to need you to be strong for her too. I know it can't be easy for you to be, but I know you have it in you." Henry encouraged her.