Chapter 26

Matt's Pov:

After fixing up things with Carter I knew that meant trying with Cameron again.

Maybe tomorrow or something at school right now Carter and I were just chilling at his house. "So  which do you wanna watch?"

Carter asked me.

"What?"

"Ugh Matt do you ever listen?" He laughed.

Carter and I have gotten closer since Yesterday how we spent Valentine Day with me crying and Sobbing onto his shoulder. Probably one of the best Valentines day I've had in awhile.

   But to know that Carter still loves me just gave me just the right amount of hope I needed to keep holding on for him.

  I'm just glad to have him back in my life again. And Im not doing anything to mess it up this time.

"Sorry just thinking."

"About?"

"Cameron." I lie. He raised an eyebrow. "No. No not going down that rode again. Its just that you've forgiven me so why can't he?"

  "Matt you made the poor guy fall for you then just down right rejecting him that's just cold man." Carter shrugged.

"I know, but I didn't know he would fall for me."

"Stop underestimated yourself. You got me to fall for you and I don't even like boys." He laughed.

  "Come on enough of this stuff lets watch the movie."

"OK"

--

We were current half way through the move 'The Fault in Our Stars' again. We had seen like a million times but I'm so in love with it and man Ansel Elgort is hot!

  But something is just bothering me. Where does Carter and I stand? I mean were not really back together until we like talk about it. I guess it time to have 'The Talk.'

"Carter."

"What?" He said keeping his eyes on focused on the movie.

"Where do we stand?" I asked. He instantly tensed up. He reached for the remote and pause the movie.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"Well do like wanna hang out tomorrow after school." I smiled.

   "As friends." He asked.

"I was thinking more then friends."

"Look Matt, Its awesome having you in my life again, but as my friend."

"What do you mean 'friend' we kissed friends don't do that. And I thought you said you loved me."

   "I know I do love you, and that kiss... was a mistake. That's why we had a falling out in the first place because we dated and you cheated. I don't want to risk our friendship again. Its to important too me."

I nodded as if I understood but I didn't. He told me he missed us being together and that he loved me.

  "I'm sorry Matt if I'm giving you mixed signals I didn't mean too."

"No, Its OK I was just wondering." I lied.

"So were cool."

"Yeah." No.

"So its OK if I talk to you about this then?"

"About what?"

"So there's this girl..." He trailed off. Oh no I can't listen to him flaunt over some girl.

"She's great. Hot. smart. Nice. She's the total package. But I stud her up and now she won't answer my phone calls or text." He smiled. "So you like her?" I asked.

"Yeah... What do I do."

'Give up on her she will never love you as much I do or give you as much pleasure as I can.'

"Just ask her out again at school she would be able to say no to your face." I fake smiled. Should I tell him I'm not comfortable talking about girls he likes with him?

"Thanks Matt." He embraced me in a hug. "Now can't we finish the movie?" He laughed. I nodded.

  We went back to watching the movie but did pay attention to any of it. I couldn't my heart hurts to much. And way to much stuff on my mind.

//

"I think I should going." I say as I stud up." No.. I thought you were staying the night." Carter whined.

"Sorry I've just got some.... homework I didn't finish." I lie. "Hahaha Matthew Espinosa doing homework on a weekend Thats got to be a lie."

"No we've got school tomorrow." I say.

"No we don't we have Monday off."

Shit Theres no way out of this one.

"That's it your staying and that's final." He said. I laughed. Sassy Carter was kinda Hot.

"Fine.." I agree.

   "Alright I'm going take a quick shower and get ready for bed." He said.

"OK."

\\

  Carter climbed into his bed and pulled the covers over him. I got an extra blanket and put it on the floor. "What are you doing? You're sleeping up here with me." He laughed.

"No. I'm good down here." I said as I tried to get comfy. He looked down at me from the bed.

"You look really uncomfortable down there." He smiled. "No. Its okay, pretty comfy for a floor." I laughed.

"Alright... I'll join you, scooch over."

He put his pillow down next to mine and laid next me on the floor.

I sighed. This is what this is mixed signals that's all. Turn on my side so I'm not facing Carter. He cuddled up with me wrapped his arms around me. What is he doing? I feel like he's doing this to me on purpose.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "Just cuddling a bit. No harm in that."

  This boy is going to be the death of me.

COMMENT?

VOTE?

FOLLOW?