Chapter 34

Matts Pov:

I opened my locker putting my backpack in and pulling my books out. I sigh heading to class.

I hate Mondays so much there the most boring out of all the days of the week.

Maybe I dont hate Mondays, maybe I just hate school engeneral. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned around.

I smiled meeting face to face with Carter. "Hi." He says. "Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be awkward." I say rubbing the back of my neck. "No, its cool. I get it." He shrugged.

"So what's up?" I asked trying to make conversion as we continued to walk to class.

"Nothing really, oh I'm moving into my house a little earlier then I thought." He shrugged. I nodded remembering when he asked me to move in with him. I wonder if that still stands.

"You can come. ya know?" He look at me. I looked at him confused. "What?" I asked. "You can still move in with me." He said. I mean I guess I can move in with him it might be a little awkward but, I'll get use to it.

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to." He said looking away from me. "No, I do." I smiled. He smiled back. "Where going be roommates?" He asked smiling harder. "Yeah I guess so." I laughed playfully pushing him. "Okay then after school I'll give you a tour of the apartment." He said as we got to the classroom.

"Yeah that sounds cool."

We sat in our original seats in the back as the bell rang. My teacher walked in and began to pass out a piece of paper to everyone. "Popquiz." He stated. I sighed as everyone did the same. I'm never ready for these stupid things but I always seem to pass with an okay grade.

15 minutes into the quiz the teacher came up to me. "Matthew your excused from the test go to Mrs. burns." He said. "What for?" I asked. "I'm not sure." He tells me then walked away. I gathered my stuff; standing up. I turned around ; Carter looked at me confused. I just shrugged.

I walked out of Class, down the hall to Mrs Burns my guidance counselor. I raise my hand up to the door and knock. "Come in." I here her say through the door. I open the door. "Matthew, nice to see you. Take a seat for me please." She smiled. I sat in the seat in front of her desk.

"Am I in trouble or something?" I asked. "No, no nothing like that. I just want to show you this." She smiled handing me a college manual. "Eastern Holland?" I asked. "Yes, have you heard of this college?" She asked.
Of course who hasn't it like my dream college. But, I never applied because I never thought I had a change to get in.

"Yeah what about it?" I asked. "They sent me a letter saying that they wanted me to suggest a student, for there summer program." She explained.

"So?"

"So, I've chosen you for it." She tells me. A smile appears across my lips. "Really me?" I asked excitedly . "Yes you. They want you to come down there this summer and see how you like the school." She tells me. I sigh. The schools in Canada I can't leave.

"So? Are you interested?" She smiled. "I don't know, if I got in I'd have to move to Canada." I tell her. "I know, but its a great opportunity." She's right. I just don't wanna leave....Carter.

-
-

The rest of school went by slow, I'm not going until I get Carters opinion on this he wouldn't want me go. Would he?

"Come on Matt." Carter smiled pulling me into his car. He opened my door and closed it when I got in. "Thanks." I mumbled putting on my seat belt. "Your welcome." He smiled as he got in on the other side.