Chapter 12 - Is This Real?

Zara's P.O.V

I sat down at the table with Inaya who smiled at me. I smiled back. Inaya started looking through the menu and commenting on the foods while I thought of Hussain. I don't understand. I've never felt like this. I closed my eyes, still thinking of him. I opened my eyes to see..what the hell? Hussain! Did they come back? No it can't be. He was sitting at the table behind Inaya by himself.

Ho gaya hai tujhko toh pyaar sajna
Lakh kar le tu
Inkaar sajna

Hussain stood up and walked over to me, singing.

Dildaar sajna
Hai yeh pyaar sajna

He winked at me and walked away. I turned around to see no one. Okay. I am officially going crazy.

"Zara!" Inaya was calling me. I looked at her.

"What's up? You look worried." Inaya asked concerned. I smiled and shook my head.

"Kuch nahi. (Nothing.) Thought I saw someone familiar." I said. Inaya nodded. 

~

Hussain's P.O.V

We were now back home and it was around 10pm. Zara had called Shehry and told him that her friend dropped her home so we didn't have to pick her up. I was feeling so confused. Throughout the whole night, I kept mistaking people as Zara. I walked into my room to see Shehry. He looked up at me from the bed.

"Hussain I have to talk to you." He said somberly. I sat down on the bed.

"Hussain, what's wrong? I've been noticing you this whole day. Suddenly you look so worried and just sad. Kuch hua kya? (Did something happen?)" Shehry frowned. I sighed.

"Shehry I don't know."

Shehry put a hand on my shoulder.

"Mein tera bara bhai hoon. (I'm your older brother.) Trust me. I won't tell anyone. Not even Mama."

I looked at him.

"I don't know. I keep thinking of Zara. At the café, I kept thinking she was there." I explained. Shehry merely looked at me. I frowned.

"Are you going to give me some brotherly advice or nah?" I raised an eyebrow. Shehry chuckled.

"You love Zara." He grinned. His statement made me speechless.

"You're joking?" I frowned. Shehry shook his head.

"I feel like this about Najma." He confirmed. I love Zara. I was no longer confused. I love Zara Ahmed.

Zara's P.O.V

Inaya dropped me home, making me promise to meet her again soon. I went into my room to see Najma on the bed, on her phone.

"Najma I need to talk to you." I sat down on the bed. Najma nodded.

"For some reason, I keep thinking of Hussain." I started but before I could go on, Najma grinned at me.

"Pyaar ho gaya meri jaan, aur kya? (Love has my happend, my darling, what else?)" Najma giggled. I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously Najma. I was with Inaya tonight. You remember Inaya?" I questioned. Najma nodded.

"Yeah so I was sitting with Inaya but I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying. I kept mistaking people for Hussain."

Najma looked at me and shook her head.

"You're in love with Hussain." Najma said.

"Najma! I'm serious!" I was getting annoyed now.

"I'm serious too! That happens to me too but I think of Shehry!" She said, blushing slightly. I merely looked at her. I like Hussain. Not like. I love Hussain. I've fallen in love with Hussain Asif.