Chapter 31 - One Year Later

~One year later~

Shehry's P.O.V

I woke to my phone ringing. I quickly got my phone from the bedside table and answered.
"Hello?" I answered sleepily.
"Shehry, it's 1pm. You're still sleeping?" It was Khurram bhai.
"I had a late night. Kaise ho aap? (How are you?)" I asked, still half asleep.
"Main theek hoon. (I'm fine.) I just had a movie idea and I was hoping you could help me out?"
"Hmm. Sure."
"Oh and tell Hussain and Anika. I've told Waqas already and he's told Faiza, Arisha and Atif."
"Hmm. Okay. Bye." I said sleepily.
"Khuda Hafez." He cut the call. I tried to get back to sleep but I just couldn't. I decided to call Hussain.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Haan Hussain, where are you?"
"I'm coming home from the hospital. Kyun?"
"Khurram bhai has a new project. Wanna be in it?"
"Sure." Hussain answered shortly.
"Tell Anika as well."
"You tell her." Saying that, he cut the call. Ugh. Stubborn as always. But I felt so bad for him.
It had been a year since Zara had been in a coma. Hussain went to the hospital every day, waiting for her. Eventually we convinced him to move on with his life and career and keep making movies. For Zara. So he did and even if he was in India, he would Skype Adil, just to see Zara. However, a tragedy had to strike like always.

~Flashback~

(10 months ago)

"So guys, Insh aa Allah this movie is going to be a success." Khurram bhai finished with his huge speech. Khurram bhai had a new project and it was Hussain's first movie since the accident.
"Bhai, who's the female lead?" I asked.
"She'll be coming- Oh! Here she is!" Khurram bhai smiled. Every head turned to the entrance. A girl wearing a emerald green shirt with tight, black pants walked in, smiling cheerfully, with her handbag swinging as she clicked her heels on the wooden floor. Maybe she'd be a great addition to the sad atmosphere we have here.
"Everyone, this is Anika Tahir. Anika, you know everyone already." Khurram bhai smiled. Anika nodded excitedly.
"Yeah. Can't wait to work with you guys." Anika grinned. Everyone went their own way, leaving me, Waqas, Atif, Hussain and Anika.
"Guys, did you know that Anika is a Dhoomie?" Waqas smirked. Anika started blushing, leaving a light pink tint on her cheeks.
"Oh really? Who's your favourite?" I asked, grinning.
"I like all of you equally. You guys are all so funny-" She started to say when Waqas cut her off.
"Jhoot mat bolo (don't lie) Anika jee." Waqas smirked. Anika started blushing more.
"Waqas, stop teasing her. It's me, I know." I winked. Anika laughed.
"Shehry, don't grow a head." Waqas joked. I laughed with Anika and Atif. I glanced at Hussain, who hadn't said anything this whole time and frowned slightly. He was probably waiting to go back to the hospital.

~Flashback end~

I sighed as I remembered. Once upon a time, Hussain had been so happy. In the last year, he had changed so much.
"ABU!" Suddenly Ayaan jumped onto the bed in his white shirt and blue jumper. I was glad to say that my son had my style. And my looks. Well, according to nearly everyone, Ayaan was exactly like me.
"AYAAN!" I yelled back. I tickled him to which he started laughing uncontrollably.
"Abu! Abu, stop! Abu! Ami!" Ayaan laughed. Suddenly someone else started tickling Ayaan. I looked up to see Hussain, smirking at Ayaan.
"Chachu! Aise! Na! Karo! (Don't! Do! This!)" Ayaan laughed. Hussain stopped and Ayaan lay on the bed, panting.
"Chachu! I thought you were on my team!" Ayaan pouted. I wrapped Ayaan in a headlock.
"Oye! Is he my brother or your chachu first?" I grinned.
"Obviously Ayaan's chachu." Hussain smiled. I let Ayaan go and Ayaan grinned. I narrowed my eyes at both.
"Khoteys. (Losers.)" I grinned, ruffling their hair. Hussain and Ayaan both slapped my hand and started to fix their hair with an annoyed look on both their faces. Ayaan was like me yet he had some of Hussain's traits as well. Like loving his hair and face. Oh wait, that's me too.
"Shehry!"
"Abu!" They both shouted in unison. I giggled. Hussain was grinning as well but that wasn't how he was feeling. I could see it in his eyes. If only he showed the sadness and pain he was feeling inside.