Chapter 37 - Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali

"Wah! Kya love story yaar!" Inaya grinned at me. I shook my head, handing her a cup of coffee. It had been 4 weeks since my engagement with Hussain. Yep. Second engagement. Tomorrow was the mehndi and the day after is our nikaah. I was nervous. But I was also glad that finally we'll be together. I just hope that nothing goes wrong.
"Imagine telling your kids this story." Inaya said dreamily. My head snapped to her.
"Say what now?" I raised my eyebrows. Inaya looked at me.
"What?"
"What kids?"
"The kids you're going to have with Hussain." Inaya said shamelessly. I blushed instantly. This girl needs a filter on her mouth. Saad cleared his throat.
"Uh, hi, hello. Miss fiancé, I'm still in the room." Saad said awkwardly to Inaya. Inaya rolled her eyes. I bit my lip, trying to hide my grin. I wonder how Hussain was feeling.

Hussain's P.O.V

"Hussain, bolo. Dark blue or dark green?" Mama asked, showing me a salwaar kameez. I was now sitting on a couch in some desi clothes shop. Shehry was sitting next to me chilling while Ayaan was sitting cross legged on the couch, watching us with his face on his hands.
"I don't know Mama. Whatever you like." I sighed, leaning back onto the couch. I was becoming restless each day. The day after tomorrow was our Nikaah. Oh my God! My heart keeps beating fast whenever I think of it. Finally I'll be reunited with my love.
"Look Mama, he can't even make a decision!" Shehry complained, pushing my arm. Drameybaaz. He got up from the couch and walked away, shaking his head.
"Chachu, how did you get such big muscles?" Ayaan asked, feeling the part of my arm which Shehry had pushed. I pinched Ayaan's cheek. Poor thing. He was getting bored already.
"From drinking milk, going to gym and not listening to Shehry." I grinned, looking over at Shehry as he talked with Najma.
"Hussain!" Mama scolded. Ayaan and I giggled. Mama smiled at us.
"You know Hussain..I hope this smile never leaves your face again. This past few years I have always seen you with a grim face. You don't know how much it hurts when a mother sees her son like that." Mama said, patting my cheek. I kneeled on the couch and hugged her.
"I'm so sorry for the pain I caused you but don't you worry. From now on I'll always be happy because I'll have my pyaar with me." I smiled. I pulled back from the hug.
"Pyaar?" Mama raised her eyebrows, smirking.
"Mera jaaaaaaan!" I grinned, nearly shouting. Mama chuckled. Shehry and Najma came over to us.
"Najma beta, did you get anything?" Mama asked. Najma nodded, handing Mama a cream, pink and red dress.
"And did you choose anything?" Shehry asked me.
"I don't know man. Pick anything. I don't really care." I slumped back onto the couch.
"How could you not care? It's your wedding!" Najma frowned slightly. I chuckled.
"No I mean, I don't care about what I wear." I corrected. Mama walked over to me.
"Okay leave all that. I've chosen your dress. Now let's go. I have so much work to do." Mama said quickly, holding Ayaan's hand. We left the shop and went home. I went straight to my room and looked around. So many memories but now hopefully we'll have many more happy memories. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I turned around and opened the door to be knocked down to the ground by someone.
"Hey!" I shouted by instinct.
"Kya hey? The dulhe raja's gotta be greeted right!" I heard Waqas' muffled voice. I tried to shove him off but he clung onto me like glue.
"Yaar, get off him." Atif chuckled from the doorway. Waqas reluctantly got off me and helped me up. I brushed myself off and looked up to see Waqas' mischievous face, Atif's grinning face and Shehry behind them. They all entered and sat on my bed. I sat down next to Atif.
"So what's up?" I asked them.
"Bruh, you're getting married! That's what's up! So how are you feeling?" Waqas interrogated.
"I don't know man. I can't wait..but then I'm nervous as well." I said shyly. Waqas pinched my cheek.
"Don't you worry about a thing! We'll be here by your side." Waqas grinned. I smiled back and hugged him. My bros. My DhoomBros.

Zara's P.O.V

The mehndi night came and I entered the venue with Maleeha and Najma by my side. The place had been decorated with green and yellow lights with candles lit everywhere. The hall looked magnificent all thanks to Nosh api and her team. Laaj Studios even offered to film and take pictures for all the functions. I went to the stage and sat down wearing the gorgeous orange saree Shaista aunty had sent me.