Chapter Four - Milkshakes

I entered the room and everyone's eyes were on me. I have to say I was a bit uncomfortable as there were loads of people sitting there.

"Zara!" I heard from the side of the room. Hussain was waving to me. I sat down next to him and Waqas sat on my other side.

"Okay, so this is Zara. And Zara, this is my sister, Nausheen but we call her Nosh." Waqas said, motioning to a lady sitting with a little boy in her lap. She smiled at me.

"And this is her husband, Khurram bhai. They both own a company called Laaj Studios. Nosh produces, and takes photos, and Khurram bhai directs." Waqas continued. Khurram bhai chuckled.

"That's why she's my soulmate. We like the same things." He winked. Nosh hit him lightly on the arm. Everyone chuckled.

"And this is our famous Iman and Shayan! Nosh appi and Khurram bhai's kids." Shehry introduced, pointing to the girl sitting next to Khurram bhai and the little boy in Nosh's lap.

"I've heard so much about you! It's great to finally meet you." I complimented.

"Yes, same here! The boys talk a lot about you." Nosh laughed. I blushed. About me?

"So when are you guys planning to go back? We can do some sightseeing before then." Atif asked.

"No sightseeing. We came only for work. We'll be going this weekend with you guys." Nosh said. With them?

"Oh that reminds me. Nosh, you wanted to talk to Zara?" Waqas asked. Me?

"Oh yeah! Actually, Zara, Laaj Studios is making a movie with the Dhoombros. We still haven't found a actress yet and so Hussain and Shehry recommended you. We decided to come see you and see if you could match the role. So we wanted to ask if you want to come to New York with us so you can audition properly?" Nosh asked. So that's why Hussain and Shehry told Nosh about me! But I was shocked. They want me to go with them?

"Sorry, Nosh appi, I'm going to have to ask my Khala for permission before I do anything." I said, nervous of what Nosh would say.

"Wow! MashAllah! You're such a sweet girl! Any other girl would have said yes without any delay!" Nosh grinned. I smiled.

"Thank you. By the way, what's the role that I'll auditioning for?" I asked.

"You'll be playing the lead. I won't reveal too much in case you don't get the part but I doubt it." Khurram bhai grinned. Woah! I wasn't expecting this.

"But I can't act. I mean, I can try. But I'm probably as not as good as other girls. I can't be the lead." I complained.

"We'll just have to see how you act at the audition. That's why it's called a audition." Atif grinned. I chuckled. Atif is so funny. Even when I'm nervous, he can make me laugh.

"True. But what if my khala doesn't agree to letting me go to New York? Maybe she can allow that, but maybe not the acting part." I continued.

"You can't be that negative. If she doesn't let, we'll talk to her. If it still doesn't work, then I'll get Mama to talk to her." Hussain smiled at me. Oh my god! Is it possible to melt when you have a hot guy right next to you giving you a cute smile telling you that he will get his mother to talk to your aunt about giving you permission? Okay, maybe not the last part, but damn!! I don't know why I haven't noticed it before but Hussain was actually the good-looking one in the group. Shehry didn't look bad as well but I liked Hussain better. Looks-wise. Wait wait, I'm getting distracted. I nodded a thanks to Hussain. The conversation moved on to other things such as what work they were all doing, locations for the movie etc.