Chapter 23 - Saad

I put my luggage down on the floor and sat down on the seat. We were at the airport. We meaning Ami, Abu, Adil and me. Originally, we were supposed to go to Pakistan in a few months but the plan changed. It had been a week since I last saw Hussain and now we were already going to Pakistan.
"Zara, you okay?" Adil asked from beside me. I nodded.
"If you need to talk about anything, just say. Okay?" Adil asked. I smiled at him, so he didn't get worried. I closed my eyes. Why did I see Hussain, even when I close my eyes? I need to forget him. I'm getting married. I can't keep thinking about him.

We arrived in Pakistan and set off for our home. We arrived home and we all went our own ways. I looked around. It had been a long time since I'd been here. Nothing had changed except the atmosphere. Even if Dadi had been here, she would have been able to stop the wedding. A tear dropped from my eye. Why is everyone leaving me?
The next morning, I was woken up by Ami.
"Go get ready quickly. Aftab sahab is coming with his son." She said, getting out my clothes for me. I got up wearily and got ready in a blue salwaar kameez. This was the same salwaar kameez I had worn the day I first went to Hussain's house, without even knowing. A smile came to my face automatically. It was so fun with Shehry, Waqas and Atif. And adorable Maha. The smile went as quickly as it had come. I missed them too. I had hurt their brother and them too. At least they had Najma. They need her to lighten the atmosphere after I had made it so dark. I got ready, when Ami came in.
"They're here. Aajao. (Come.)" Ami smiled. I smiled back, trying to be happy. Maybe they could be good people after all. I went downstairs with Ami, to see a guy around the same age as Abu with a younger guy next to him. I sat down on the sofa opposite them.
"This is my daughter, Zara." Abu introduced. The older guy who must have been Aftab sahab smiled at me.
"This is my son, Saad." Aftab sahab introduced. Saad smiled at me. I smiled back. He actually wasn't as bad as I expected. He was so similar to Hussain though. Saad was handsome, with a charming smile and with a bit of stubble. He was wearing a brown leather jacket, reminding me of Hussain once again. Argh! I need to forget Hussain.
"Zara, why don't you take Saad to your room?" Abu suggested. I stood up and went to my room while Saad followed me. We sat down. It was so awkward. I just realised. I didn't know anything about this guy. What the hell do I say?
"Aap-" Before I could say anything, Saad interrupted me.
"What's with the formality?" Saad looked amused.
"You know English?"
"Um, I think most people know English? But I studied in New York which is why I have the accent." Saad grinned.
"Oh."
We chatted for a bit. He was as charming as he looked. Maybe I would be happy with him.

Najma's P.O.V

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, I'll tell them. Bye." I cut the call. I sat down on the bed, trying to absorb all the information. Shehry came into the room.
"Hello jaanu." Shehry smiled, sitting next to me. I didn't reply. Partly cause I couldn't.
"Jaan?" Shehry held my hands. I got up and closed the door. I had to tell Shehry everything.
"Shehry, I need to tell you something." I said, sitting down.
After I told him the whole story, a tear accidentally fell from my eye. Shehry wiped away the tear and kissed my cheek.
"How are you so strong?" He whispered.
"I'm not. Zara and Hussain are." I whispered back, more tears falling. Shehry kissed my tears.
"Najma, I can't bear to see you cry." Shehry said, putting his forehead on mine. I pulled back and wiped my tears.
"And now we have to go to Pakistan for Zara's wedding." I said. Shehry looked shocked.
"But-but Hussain-"
"I know. Shehry, we have to tell him. He can get Zara back." I said. Shehry nodded and together, we went to Hussain's room where he was sitting on his bed.
"Hussain?" Shehry called. Hussain looked up.
"Shehry. Bhabi. Come in, sit down." He said, smiling. We sat down. With Shehry, I told him about Zara's wedding. Surprisingly, Hussain didn't have any reactions.
"I hope she's happy." He said quietly.
"Hussain! You can't say that!" Shehry shouted.
"Yes I can!" Hussain yelled back.
"She wants to be without me. She's the one who broke up with me." Hussain said quietly.
"But she didn't want to. Zara still loves you Hussain. She doesn't want to marry that guy." I said, putting my hand on his. Hussain looked up at me with red eyes.
"Sachi? (Really?)"
"Sachi. (Really.)"