Chapter 35 - Confusion

Waqas' P.O.V

"Mama!" I called, frustrated. Nosh and Amber laughed at me.
"We're just joking! We're your older sisters. Who else is going to tease you about your wedding?" Nosh winked, pinching my cheek. I shoved her off. Mama merely ignored us. She was sitting at the dining table, busy going through the guest list while I was trying to get rid of these two. I couldn't help feeling excited though. I was finally getting married to the love of my life and we were going to be together forever.
"Nosh! Stop it yaar!" I pouted. They both laughed again.
"Oh did you end up buying the dress? Amber asked Nosh. Nosh shook her head.
"This khotey (loser) couldn't pick anything." Nosh frowned. They were talking about Faiza's wedding dress which I wanted to gift to her but I couldn't find anything good. They all had a weird colour or a weird design and I wanna give my girl the best.
"Waqas, tonight I'm going to this shop with Rabia. It has really good dresses. Wanna come along?" Amber asked. I nodded.
"Noshi? How about you?" Amber asked. Nosh shook her head.
"No I can't come. I have so much work to do." Nosh sighed.

Later that night, Rabia came over with Aliyah. I hugged Aliyah tightly.
"Hey bae! I missed you!" I grinned. Aliyah smiled.
"Waqas mamu, you can't call me bae anymore. You have Faiza aunty now." Aliyah said in her cute voice. I gaped at her. She was 4 years old! Where was she getting all this? Rabia and Amber burst out laughing. I frowned at them both.
"What are you teaching your daughter?" I narrowed my eyes at Rabia.
"Nothing Waqas, I don't know where she got all this." Rabia chuckled.
"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes.
"It was Kamran, I swear! I didn't do anything." Rabia laughed. I shook my head and grabbed my phone.
"Chalein? (Shall we go?)" I asked at them. They were still clutching their stomachs, laughing away. I frowned, making then shut up. They nodded.
"Okay, Aliyah, I'm going. Try not to disturb Nosh khala. She's working. Play with Iman api and Shayan bhaiya, okay?" Rabia instructed. Aliyah nodded and ran off. We left the house and went to some boutique. Once we entered, a woman came running up to us.
"Hello, how can I help you today?" She grinned.
"Please show us some of your bridal suits. Maybe some lehengas or sarees." Amber smiled.
"Congratulations! Kiska shaadi? (Whose marriage?)" The woman asked, looking through the packs of clothes. I rolled my eyes. Typical nosy desis.
"His." Rabia answered, pointing to me. The woman smiled at me. I smiled back politely. She brought out loads of clothes ranging from sarees to salwaar kameez to lehengas but I didn't like any of them. Amber picked a green one and showed it to me.
"What do you think?" She asked. I made a disgusted face.
"Eww. You expect her to wear this at her wedding?" I scowled. From the corner of my eye, I could see the woman giving me looks. As if she actually made the dresses.
"Waqas, how about this?" Rabia asked, showing me a yellow one.
"No! Yellow looks weird yaar." I said. Rabia sighed.
"Waqas, you have to pick something! You say no to everything." Rabia said.
"But api! None of them are good! And I want Faiza to really like the dress." I complained.
"Let's keep looking then." Rabia suggested, looking through the dresses. I helped them both look. Suddenly a dress caught my eye but it wasn't on the table. It was in the glass cabinet.
"Excuse me." I called the woman. She turned her head to me.
"Can I see that blue dress there?" I asked. She looked at me, scowling.
"It's not a bridal dress." She said coldly. Oh right. I had insulted her dresses. No wonder. Amber got the message as well and spoke up.
"Um, please can you show us? Actually the bride doesn't really like these colours." Amber said. The woman nodded and took out the blue dress. It was navy blue with silver and white designs. It was perfect.
"This one." I turned to Amber and Rabia.
"Wow! It's beautiful! But are you sure though? You're kind of bipolar." Rabia asked, smirking.
"Very sure." I grinned.

Shehry's P.O.V

We were watching some old movie all together. Anika had left the previous morning. She had told us about the divorce. We were sad for her but life goes on and In shaa Allah Zara will be back here with us. Najma was sitting next to me while Mama was on my right and Baba and Maha on the other sofa. Ayaan was already tucked into bed. Baba and Mama decided to go to bed as well and left the room.
"Shehry, remember tomorrow you have to take us out." Maha reminded me, smiling innocently. I groaned. I had broken Maha's iPad screen which was why I had to treat everyone and take them out. But I didn't mind. Family time was important.
"Oh but Maha, tomorrow is Waqas' wedding. Can't do it tomorrow." I grinned. Maha gasped.
"Ohh..okay then the day after." Maha grinned back. The smile from my face faded.
"Oh and you have to call Sain as well." Maha smiled mischievously.
"Yaar, I can't treat so many people." I groaned.
"Oh so when Najma bhabi wants to go out, you cancel all your plans but when it's me, you don't have any time." Maha pouted. I laughed.
"Where did you learn all this blackmail?" I chuckled.
"Sain does it to you all the time." Maha grinned. I sighed. I missed that khotey (loser).
"Okay fine. On Sunday, we'll all go out. Now go to bed. It's already 12:30." I instructed.
"Good night." Maha stood up.
"Good night princess." I smiled and she left.
"Should we go as well?" I asked Najma, who was busy watching the movie with her head on my chest. I frowned when I didn't hear any reply.
"Najma?" I called. I looked over to her to see her fast asleep. I chuckled softly. She was so adorable. I felt like pinching her cheeks but she'd wake up. 3 years of marriage and I still can't get enough of her. I kissed her forehead gently when she flinched. Oh no. Najma opened her eyes slowly to see me staring into them.
"H-hi?" She said. I chuckled mentally at her cuteness.
"Hello, hello. Tu floor pe jab hai aayi." I sang. Najma hit me softly, half asleep.
"Stop singing that song. I know I'm hot." She said, closing her eyes. I stifled my giggle. She was talking in her sleep. Let's see how much she confesses.
"How much do you love Shehry?" I asked quietly. However, before she could answer, she snored and fell back asleep. I smiled and shook my head. I put her hands around my neck and carried her upstairs. My jaan.