Chapter 26 - Life Can Be Better

Hussain's P.O.V

Dehleez pe mere dil ki
Jo rakhe hain tune kadam
Tere naam pe meri zindagi
Likh di mere humdum

Haan seekha maine jeena jeena kaise jeena
Haan seekha maine jeena mere humdum
Na seekha kabhi jeena jeena kaise jeena
Na seekha jeena tere bina humdum

I opened my eyes and took out my earphones. This song always reminded me of Zara and our times together. I sat up, sighing. For some reason, I really hoped to she agreed to be in the movie. I really wanted to see her again. I heard a knock on my door.
"It's open." I said loudly. Shehry came in.
"Chal (let's go), get ready. We're going to Atif's house." He said, putting his watch on.
"Shehry." I called. Shehry looked up, with his eyebrows raised.
"Did Zara say yes?" I asked.
"Yeah." Shehry said shortly and left. I let out the breath I was holding. I don't know what to feel now. Happy that I'll be meeting her or nervous that I'll be meeting her. I got ready and went downstairs to see Shehry, Najma and Ayaan ready.
"Let's go." Shehry smiled. We went to Atif's house to see Waqas, Faiza and Arisha there as well. I hugged all of them and sat down. Just after us, Rizwan came in.
"Hussain, yaar, your last movie man! I loved it!" Rizwan grinned.
"Thanks." I smiled. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Atif opened the door to reveal Zara. What was she doing here? I wasn't ready to see her. It had been so long since I had seen her though. She looked so beautiful in a white shirt with a dark blue cardigan. She hugged Atif and then the others. Zara looked at me but ignored me completely. She hugged Rizwan.
"OMG Zara, it's been so long." Sara grinned, hugging her. Zara nodded. Sara picked up Nida.
"This is Nida, our daughter." Sara introduced. Zara took Nida into her arms and played with her. The shine in her eyes made me smile.
"She's so cute! OMG there's two new family members and I didn't even know about them." Zara exclaimed. If you weren't so busy with your own family, you would have known.
"Guys, let's start talking about the movie. Atif do you have the scripts?" Shehry quickly changed the subject. I mentally thanked him.
"Yeah, here." Atif and Shehry started handing everyone their scripts. I looked through mine. The idea was really good and there were some really good dialogues. The only problem was that I was always communicating with Zara. But it was fine. I agreed to it. I deserve all the pain.

Zara's P.O.V

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Waqas walked in.
"Zara, you okay?" He asked. I turned around and faced him.
"Waqas, I'd be lying if I said I was." I gulped. It was true. It took Waqas so much convincing to get me to do the movie. Plus it was with Hussain. I felt so nervous seeing him. He looked so different but handsome as always. His beard was on point and his hair was styled upwards like Shehry's.
"Wouldn't it be better for you to tell him the truth?" Waqas asked quietly. A tear dropped from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away.
"No. I can't. I'll do this movie. But only for you Waqas." I said. Waqas hugged me.
"You've always been like a little sister to me. I'm sorry for giving you this torture." Waqas whispered. I smiled, pulling back.
"Waqas bhai, calm down. I'm fine." I lied. Waqas pinched my cheek, smiling and left the room. I took a deep breath.

The next day, we met up at a function hall for a photoshoot. Waqas was there with Shehry and Nosh api. I greeted them all.
"It's been so long, Zara! How have you been?" Nosh api smiled.
"Yeah I've been well. I've missed Iman and Shayan a lot." I smiled back.
"Yeah, they miss you too." Nosh api said. Atif came in with Arisha and Faiza. However, Hussain was missing.
"Um Shehry?" I called. Shehry left the camera he was looking at, on the table and walked over to me.
"Any problem, Zara?" He smiled.
"Shouldn't we start the shoot?" I asked.
"Yeah but Hussain's not feeling well. So we're going to start with Arisha and Atif while he's outside. You can just hang around." Shehry explained and left. He wasn't feeling well? Should I go see him? Should I talk to him?