Chapter Three - Aloo Baat

So we started the golf tournament. Before we could start, Waqas stopped us.

"Hang on a minute guys! Let's do teams again." Waqas suggested.

"Najma's with me!" Shehry quickly shouted. Najma started blushing, surprised. Naww!

"Then Zara's with me!" Hussain called. Oh damn. Now it was my turn to blush. Waqas, Atif, Madhav and Hamza were smirking at us four until I gave a death stare at all of them.

"I'm going with Atif. Waqas always loses." Hamza said and stood next to Atif. Waqas made a face and stood next to Madhav.

Shehry got a club and he went first. He stood next to the ball and pointed his club at me and Najma.

"This is dedicated to my yaar, Zara and Najma!" Shehry called. I grinned and looked at Najma. She was smiling and looking at Shehry. What a cutie! Shehry hit the ball and it went a long way. Atif went next and hit it out of the court. Then Hussain went. He got a club and got a new ball as well.

"You better hit it far or you're getting a chittar (slap)." I said jokingly while he set up a ball. Everyone laughed. Hussain looked at me while getting up and grinned at me. Oh my god. That. Smile. Just. Killed. Me. Hussain got ready to hit the ball. He did all his dramatic acts and positioned himself right. Hussain looked at me once more before taking a swing at the ball, but instead of landing onto the court, the ball didn't even move! Everyone cracked up.

"Show him! Show him! Hahah! He was so confident!" Waqas laughed. Hussain looked down and saw the ball still there. He himself looked shocked.

"That was a practice. That was just a practice." Hussain pouted. I nodded and he got ready to hit the ball again. This time it went out of the court. Waqas went and hit it high up, but not very far. Hamza started for the remaining people left to play. He stood next to the ball and started to get ready.

"Hamza, make sure you don't fly away with the ball!" Shehry laughed. Hamza ignored the comment and hit the ball, which unfortunately he missed, like Hussain. On the next try, Hamza hit the ball far. Madhav also hit it far. When it was Najma's turn, she got nervous.

"I can't do this." She muttered and walked to the ball. Shehry must've heard her because he walked up to her.

"Do you need some help?" He asked her. Before Najma could answer, Shehry put both his arms on either side of Najma and held the club below Najma's hands. They hit the ball together which went a long distance.

"Yes!" Najma jumped up and hugged Shehry without thinking. She quickly pulled back, realising what she done. Shehry smiled and hugged Najma gently before taking his place next to Waqas. Najma walked back over to me, beaming. I wanted to tease Najma about it but it was my turn. While I was getting the ball ready, Hussain came over to me.

"So do you need help as well?" He winked. I cleared my throat.

"Sorry, Hero saab, but I think I can hit a golf ball better than you." I smiled dangerously, pushing him gently as he came close to me. All the others were like "Oooooo!". Hussain laughed with everyone. I hit the ball and surprisingly it went pretty far.

We kept playing and it was around 9pm when we stopped and went out to a local Pakistani café. Shehry, Najma, Waqas and Hamza got kulfi while me, Hussain and Madhav got faloodas. Atif, on the other hand, got a coffee.

I went and sat on the side of the balcony of the café, hanging my legs down. It was a beautiful place, especially at night. There was a little garden around me and the moonlight made it look even more prettier. In front of me, I could see the city's lights. I gazed into them, lost in my own thoughts. Hussain came and sat next to me with his falooda.