Chapter 27 - Engaged

Zara's P.O.V

I sighed after telling Inaya the rest of the story.
"But why didn't Saad tell us that your dad was in a coma?" Inaya asked. I shrugged.
"I don't know and to be honest, I don't even care. I've moved on. I'm going to be engaged to the love of my life and my life will finally be perfect." I smiled. Inaya side hugged me.
"I'm so happy for you. I actually can't wait to meet him though. I'm a really big fan." She exclaimed. I laughed at her cuteness.
"Crushing on your brother in law, hmm? I wonder what your fiancé would say?" I raised an eyebrow.
"What would I say?" We heard from our right. Saad was here. He put the shopping bags on the ground and sat down on the unoccupied chair. He smiled at us.
"Sup?" Saad grinned. Inaya and I glanced at each other.
"Did you know about Zara's dad being in a coma?" Inaya asked quietly. Saad stared at her.
"I...did." Saad confessed.
"I'm sorry Zara. I wasn't the right person to tell you." Saad said. I smiled.
"Saad, koi baat nahi. (Saad, it's no problem.) It's fine. I'm going to be engaged to Hussain and that's all I need." I smiled. Saad raised his eyebrows.
"Congratulations jee! Am I invited?" Saad asked, grinning. I laughed.
"Yeah of course. You two are my closest friends now." I smiled.

Hussain's P.O.V

"And so today this celebration is for our chotay bhai (little brother) who will be getting engaged soon. Congratulations Hussain." Waqas smiled at me. Everyone cheered. We were all at Waqas' house, celebrating my engagement. I was so happy now. I had my love, my family and my dream career. My life was perfect Alhumdulilah. Aliyah was in my lap.
"Sain, will Zara baji now live with us?" Maha asked from my right.
"Zara baji nahi, Maha. Zara bhabi. And yeah she will." Shehry smirked. I smiled shyly.
"Oye hoyeee! Sharam aa gaya! (Shyness has come!)" Kamran laughed. Everyone chuckled.
"Hey, stop teasing my shehzaada (prince). He's going to get married soon." Mama laughed. I shook my head. To be honest, I loved these. My family was crazy but they were my family.

My engagement day came and I was ready in a white shirt with black dress pants and black shoes. I sighed looking at myself in the mirror. After two years of delay, I couldn't wait.

Zara's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a red, blue and cream saree that Ambreen api had gifted me. I couldn't wait at all. I was going to get engaged today! I still can't believe it. There was a knock on my door. I turned.
"Hey. You ready?" Adil asked. I nodded. Adil took me downstairs to the car. Everyone else was already at the hall. Now I just had to make my entrance.

Hussain's P.O.V

We were at the hall and it was time for me to go in. First Nosh api, Khurram bhai, Iman and Shayan went in. Following them was Rabia api and Saqib bhai, who was holding Aliyah's hand as she walked in wearing a cute pink dress. Next walked Kamran and Maria bhabi, before Ambreen api and Taimoor bhai. Next went Khala and Khalu. Then Waqas and Maha made their entry, just before Shehry, Najma bhabi and Ayaan. After them, I walked in with Mama and Baba by my side. I went in and sat down on the seat placed for me and Zara.

Zara's P.O.V

We arrived outside the hall. Ami and Abu came over to me.
"It's time." Abu smiled. They both stood on either side of me. First Rizwan and Sara walked in. Following them was Khala and Khalu. Then Azhar mamu and Saafia mumani went in. Afsa and Adil went in after them, with Adil carrying Nida and then it was time for me. I walked in with Ami and Abu. It was quiet inside and everyone was looking at me so I just looked in front of me where I saw Hussain standing there with this dreamy look on his face. He was wearing a white shirt and black coat with black dress pants, looking handsome. I still couldn't believe this was happening. I sat down next to Hussain and Rizwan hosted with Sara.
"Hi. You look beautiful." Hussain whispered to me. I smiled slightly. My heart was thumping like mad. I wasn't really listening but then Shaista aunty and Ami came over us carrying the rings so I assumed it was time. Hussain held my hand and slid the ring in gently. Everyone clapped. I did the same to him. Everyone clapped once again, but even louder. We were finally engaged! I couldn't believe it. Hussain grinned at me. I grinned back. Everyone went to get dinner. The photographer walked up to us.
"Hey guys, is it okay if I get some photos?" She asked. We both nodded and looked at the camera. She started taking her pictures. Suddenly it felt like Hussain was looking at me and so I looked at him. He smiled at me and looked back at the camera. I looked at him and then looked back at the camera. The photographer smiled at us.
"You two make a beautiful couple!" She grinned. We smiled back and she left.
"Let's take some selfies." I said, taking out my phone. Hussain nodded. First we took normal selfies. Then I lifted my left hand showing the ring. Hussain did the same but he pointed at it with his right hand, doing that surprised look. I took the picture and laughed.
"I love that surprised look you do." I smiled. Hussain grinned.
"I love every look you do." He winked. I shook my head. Just then, Saad and Inaya walked up to us. Hussain looked confused.
"Hi jiju! I'm Inaya, Zara's friend." Inaya smiled cheerfully, shaking Hussain's hand. Saad smiled nervously at Hussain.
"Hey Hussain."
Hussain looked at me.
"What is he..?" Hussain trailed off, confused.
"Saad is Inaya's fiancé. Don't worry. He's okay now." I smiled. To my relief, Hussain smiled as well and extended his hand to Saad, who shook it. My life was perfect now. My dreams were finally becoming true. After dinner, a powerpoint started. At first came a few pictures from when Hussain and I were little. Slowly it went to our times during Yaari. It stopped on a picture of us looking at each other with leaves around us. It looked so professional and I loved it. Everyone was like "Awww!". Hussain squeezed my hand. I smiled. I love my life. Later the engagement finished and the guests left.
"I'll see you later begum." Hussain whispered to me, making me shiver. He left with his family. We went home as well.