Chapter 13 - Finally Friends?

We sat there waiting for the rain to end but it looked like it was going to go on for the whole night. We didn't even have a umbrella.

"How are we going to get back?" I thought out loud. I turned to Hussain who was sitting on the bench casually. He was looking like he was enjoying it.

"Hussain, do you have any ideas?" I asked him. He nodded.

"So tell me! Don't just sit there like a ghade (donkey)!" I called, frustrated. Hussain laughed. He then took off his leather jacket. I frowned.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused. Hussain held my hand and started walking with me towards the rain. I tried to stop him.

"Hussain, what the hell are you doing?" I asked. Hussain put his hand on my mouth, to which I shut up. He put his leather jacket over our heads and we started to walk. This is so Bollywood, I swear. We started walking when Hussain suddenly stopped. He looked at me from under the jacket.

"What?" I questioned.

"Have you seen 'Dil To Pagal Hai'?" Hussain asked me. I nodded.

"Why-" Before I could complete my question, Hussain took his jacket off our heads, letting the rain fall on us. I didn't really care now because I was already wet but I looked at Hussain.

"Pagal ladka. Chalo jee. (Crazy guy. Let's go.)" I giggled. I turned around and started to make my way to the car.

"Chak doom doom chak doom doom chak doom doom chak doom doom." I heard him say. What? I turned around. Hussain was grinning. I raised my eyebrows.

"Koi ladki hai, jab voh hasti hai. (There's a girl. Whenever she laughs." Hussain sang. A smile automatically arrived to my face.

"Baarish hoti hai chunar chunar chunchun. (It rains.)" He winked. I grinned. The inner SRK of Hussain Asif is out.

"Arey koi ladka hai, jab voh gaata hai. Saavan aata hai, ghumar ghumar ghumghum. (There's a guy. Whenever he sings, rain comes down.)" I sang, even though I couldn't sing. I cracked up then. Hussain started laughing as well. He put his jacket on my head again and we walked to the car. Hussain helped me inside and then got in himself. After we got home, it wasn't raining as much so we were able to go inside safely. Nosh opened the door. Her jaw dropped.

"What are you two doing out so late? And why are you wet? Were you in the rain?" Nosh started to talk continously upon seeing us.

"Woh actually we had gone to get food for the others but it was closed and yeah we accidentally got wet. It was raining pretty hard." Hussain lied. I gaped at him. Hussain never lies.

"Ohh. Acha, come inside and dry yourselves. Oh by the way Rabia's here." Nosh smiled and went inside. Hussain closed the door and we went into the living room where everyone was sitting including Rabia, Saqib bhai and Aliyah. Hussain went and picked up Aliyah from Waqas. He kissed her on the cheek. Aaah! Adorable!

"Hussain why are you so wet? Go dry yourself! Aliyah will catch a cold from you!" Rabia said, taking Aliyah from Hussain. Hussain pouted.

"It's okay if she catches a cold from her favourite mamu (uncle)." Hussain grinned.

"Aye! I'm the mamu she loves, aight?" Waqas piped up.

"You two always annoy her! She loves me, okay." Shehry said jealously. We all laughed at them. Me and Hussain went upstairs. After changing, I went downstairs and sat down next to Rabia. Aliyah was playing in her lap.

"She's too adorable!" I squealed, pinching her cheek slightly. Rabia chuckled.

"Oh the day after tomorrow is Aliyah's birthday. You're definitely invited. Waqas, can you get the cake on the day?" Rabia asked.