Chapter 30 - I Miss You

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Why me? Allah, help me. What's going on?
"Noureen." Ahmed uncle was trying to calm Noureen aunty down but he had tears in his eyes. I couldn't say anything myself.
"Noureen. Mere beti. Kahan hai? Kyun chali gaye? Humare chor ke chali gaye. (My daughter. Where is she? Why did she leave? She left us once again.)" Ahmed uncle stammered. My head started to hurt. I wanted to scream. I felt so suffocated. I stood up and walked outside. I still felt numb.
"AAAAARGH!" I screamed as loud as I could but I felt no relief. I kneeled to the floor, crying my heart out. She left me again, for the second time. This time, forever. I remembered our last conversation.

"You'll never leave me, right?" She questioned. I held her hand firmly but gently.
"How could you even ask? I'll never let go of you. Ever. I love you." I smiled.
"I love you too." Zara smiled.

More tears rolled down. Her face flashed in front of my eyes. The love of my life. Gone. I can't live without her. Zara, why did you go?

Shehry's P.O.V

I held Mama as she cried. I was sad as well. She was such a sweet girl and yet she was gone from the world in a flash. The doctor walked over to me.
"Sir, do you know where Ms Ahmed's husband is? He needs to fill in some forms." He asked. Before I could say anything, a nurse burst out from the ICU. Everyone turned to her.
"Dr Malik! She's responding!" She screamed. Dr Malik quickly handed me the forms and ran inside with the nurse.
"She's responding..means she's alive?" Noureen aunty asked. I nodded my head.
"Have hope aunty. She's still with us." I smiled. Ahmed uncle hugged Noureen aunty. I felt so hopeful. I got up and went outside where Hussain was. I looked around but he wasn't there. I kept looking until I found him sitting against a wall on the ground, crying, which pained my heart so much. I ran over to him.
"Hussain!" I called. He looked up. His eyes were bloodshot and red.
"Hussain, Zara's alive!" I grinned. Hussain quickly stood up. He yelped when his leg pained but that didn't stop him limping into the hospital. We went back to the outside of the ICU. Everyone was looking at the door, waiting for Dr Malik. Finally he came out.
"She's sleeping now. You may meet her later. For now let her rest. Mr Asif, may I have a word with you?" Dr Malik questioned. I nodded and Dr Malik led me to his room. I sat down opposite him.
"Mr Asif, your wife's heartbeat had stopped. It's a miracle she's alive now but unfortunately she's in a coma." Dr Malik explained.
"Coma?"
"Yes. There's no knowing when she will wake up so you'll have to be patient." Dr Malik explained. My heart clenched. I needed Zara so much at the moment. It's our wedding day and she's in a coma. Dr Malik stood up and we went outside where everyone was waiting. Dr Malik went inside Zara's room.
"Kya kahan? (What did he say?)" Shehry asked.
"Miracle tha. (It was a miracle.) She wasn't supposed to survive." I said quietly.
"Alhamdulilah. Our Zara is back." Noureen aunty smiled, wiping her tears.
"Bhabi, we'll delay the wedding. It doesn't have to be tonight. We have all been through a lot. We all need rest. Especially you Hussain. You're injured too." Mama said concerned.
"Mama, main theek hoon. (Mama, I'm fine.) But Zara's not. She's in a coma." I said quietly.
"Coma?" Ahmed uncle questioned, shocked. I nodded. I subtly wiped the tear in my eye. I couldn't say anything else. Dr Malik came outside.
"You all can sit inside. Make sure to let her rest if she wakes up and try not to stress her." He said, leaving. We all walked inside. I walked over to Zara. She also had a bandage around her head like mine but she was wearing a oxygen mask.
"Mama, aunty, I think you should go home and take rest. I'll stay here with Atif and Hussain." Shehry offered.
"Haan, Shehry is right." Ahmed uncle said, standing up. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Beta, we'll be back tomorrow morning." He smiled and took Noureen aunty outside. Mama and Baba left as well. Atif and Shehry sat down on the chairs while I stood.
"I'm so glad she survived. We were all breaking down." Atif said quietly. I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. How do you do anything when the love of your life is in such pain?

The next morning, Noureen aunty and Ahmed uncle came back, this time with Adil. Shehry and Atif went home to rest. I was sitting next to Zara the whole night, watching the monitor track her heartbeat, watching her breathing, and just waiting. For her to wake up and tell me she was fine. That there was nothing to worry about. That she loved me. I needed her so much. But I couldn't break down. I had to think about everyone else.
"Hussain, go home. We're here now." Noureen aunty said to me. I stood up from the chair I had been sitting on since last night.
"Aunty, I can't go. I'm not going to leave Zara." I replied. Noureen aunty smiled.
"Theek hai. (Okay.)"

Shehry's P.O.V

I hugged Najma. She was sleeping, yet the sides of her eyes were wet. Ever since last night, I had told her that Zara was in a coma, she's been crying nonstop. Najma opened her eyes slowly.
"Shehry."
"Shh." I kissed her cheek. Tears started rolling down them.
"Stop. Stop crying. Zara will be fine." I whispered.
"Shehry, she's my sister. I lived with her for 3 years. On the day of her wedding, she gets into a c-coma." Najma said, her voice breaking at the end. I hugged her tighter.
"H-how can I n-not cry? Sh-shehry-"
"Najma, aise na karo. (Don't do this.) I'm going to burst out crying." I said. Najma smiled slightly but she was still sad. I knew I wouldn't be able to cheer her up just like I always had. I was sad myself. Zara, my little sister, my brother's wife, now in a coma.

Najma's P.O.V

After washing my face, I went downstairs to help Mama but no one was there. I walked into the living room to see Ayaan watching his morning cartoons with a bowl of cereal and Waqas sitting next to him. Waqas looked up as soon as I walked in. I sat down.
"Did you hear any news?" I asked. Waqas shook his head.
"Hussain's been there the whole night. He would call us straightaway." Waqas said sadly. I couldn't stop my tears.
"Hey. Najma. Don't cry. She'll be okay. In shaa Allah." Waqas tried to comfort me. I just felt so bad for Zara.
"Najma. Please don't cry. Do you know how angry Shehry will get if he sees you crying? He'll kill me if he gets to know I made his wife cry." Waqas grinned. However, I could see right through his smile. He was feeling sad for Zara as well, even though he wasn't showing it. He was like her older brother.

~A week later~

Hussain's P.O.V

"Oh and did I tell you? Ayaan came today. He was missing you a lot but I told him you'll be back soon." I smiled at Zara. It's been a week since the horrible accident. Zara was still in a coma. I chatted to her everyday. Everyday, someone from our fanily would come to give me some company but I only waited for Zara. When will she come back to me?
"Yaar, I miss you. Please, you need to come back. I need you." I said. Zara lay there, still as always, her heart monitor beeping away.
"Acha theek hai. Main sone ke liye jaa rahe hoon. (Okay then. I'm going to bed.) Good night. Don't miss me too much." I grinned.
"Joking yaar. Don't worry. I'll be right here on the sofa. If you decide to wake up, remember to call me before anyone." I chuckled. I walked over to the sofa and tried to get to sleep. I really missed her.

I'M SORRY!
At least she's alive :D
So I would like to thank all the people that voted and commented on the last chapter. Love the support! Ily yall

So:

Best scene?

Did you like it?

Do you hate me?

The picture on this chapter is of Shehry as requested.
Late wali selfie -.- when I'm running late for class, I'm running so I don't miss it. But Shehryaar Asif and Hussain Asif don't need to run because class doesn't start without them XD

Byeee :)