Chapter 40 - One Big Family

Ayaan ran out of my grip. I chuckled. Kids. I've always loved them. Having one in the house has gotten me so excited. Especially when it happens to be your own nephew. I fell back onto the sofa. I was watching TV when Ayaan came in running. He had turned three a few weeks ago but he had now gotten even cheekier. Ayaan asked me to put my hand out and so I did. He gave me a little chocolate and I hugged him. But a bit too hard. Which is why he ran away. Me and Ayaan are now very close. So close in fact sometimes he would sit near me rather than Shehry or Najma, but when it was time for his special Zara chachi hugs, anyone would be better. Shehry came into the room with Ayaan running behind him.

"Oye! Zara! What's this I'm hearing? Have you been bothering my champ?" Shehry said to me in mock anger. I giggled and went behind Shehry. I picked Ayaan up.

"I'm sorry, Ayaan jee. Mujhe maaf kijiye. You know I get excited when I see the most handsomest boy in the world." I smiled. Ayaan smiled and kissed me on the cheek. I kissed him back and put him down, and he ran off again. I laughed along with Shehry.
"What the hell yaar? He likes you more than his own parents." Shehry chuckled. We sat down on the sofa.
"What can I say? I'm just awesome around kids." I joked. Shehry laughed when Najma came in.

"Shehry, I need your help." She said to him.

"Of course begum." He winked at her. Najma blushed red. I chuckled. It had been four years since they were married but they were one of the cutest couples I knew. They both left the room and I was alone once again. It was a very quiet day today for some reason. Suddenly I heard the front door close. Wait a minute. Everyone's at home. So who could be coming in? I quickly went to the living room door and peeked my head out. No one there. Suddenly someone wrapped their arms around my waist. Before I could scream, they put their hand on my mouth. What the hell?! The person kissed me on the cheek putting their head on my right shoulder. OMG! Help! The person let me go and I tried to leave but they grabbed me by the hand and spun me around until I landed in the person's chest. I looked up to see..what? No way!

"Hussain!" I yelled. Of course. He went out. How could you forget Zara? He looked at me in 'duh' kind of way.

"Tum theek ho? Have you got a fever?" He asked seriously, putting his hand to my forehead. I slapped his hand away.

"Why couldn't you say something? I thought you were someone else!" I said furiously. Hussain laughed.

"Is that why you tried to scream?" He grinned. I crossed my arms and turned away. I'm not talking to him. Hussain wrapped his arms around me again, giving me electric shocks.

"I'm sorry jaan. Mujhe maaf kijiye. You know I get excited when I see the most beautiful girl in the world." Hussain said, slightly tilting his head towards mine. Yes, he got that dialogue from me. I always say that when Ayaan gets angry at me and now Hussain's saying it to me. Well, it's not going to work. I just kept quiet. Hussain kissed me on the jaw. Damnit! He knew that was my weak spot. I can't even breathe! I mean it literally when I say he took my breath away. His long nose touched my cheek slightly. The cutiepie always managed to make me melt. 

"Ab?" He asked me in a deep, raspy voice.

"Ab..shave karo." I giggled. Hussain's jaw dropped and he let me go. I turned around.

"Shave?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded. Hussain grabbed my hand gently and brought it to his cheek, making me feel his stubble. Well, you can't call it stubble anymore. More like a beard. He only kept it for that movie he was in but then he liked it too much. Hussain slowly moved my hand to his lips, where he kissed it.

"Allah meri tobah!" Ayaan stomped in. We both jumped and Hussain let go of my hand quickly. We both looked at each other. Hussain grinned and kneeled down. He wrapped his arms around Ayaan.