Chapter Seven - Tum Hi Ho

When we arrived at the venue, the place was overcrowded with girls. We finally went in and registered for an audition. We ended up in a waiting room.

"Okay, I'm very nervous now! Look at all these girls! They can surely do better than me!" Najma whispered furiously.

"Najma, calm down. We're not seriously trying out. There's a big chance we might not make it. I already told you from the beginning." I explained quietly. A guy came out from inside the room.

"Najma Khan?" He called.

"OMG that's me!" Najma whispered to me.

"No shit! Really?" I said sarcastically. All the other girls giggled. Oops. That must have been a bit too loud. Najma glared at me. I pulled her and made her stand up.

"Ahem! O-over here." Najma stammered. The guy smiled at her and motioned her to follow him. They went in and the door closed. I was feeling a lot more nervous. After 20 minutes, Najma came out, blushing red. She came and sat next to me.

"What happend?" I asked. Before Najma could answer, the guy came out again.

"Zara Ahmed?" He called. I stood up. Najma gave me a thumbs up and I smiled at her. The butterflies in my stomach were getting worse with each step I took towards the door. I went into the room to see Hussain, Shehry, Waqas, Atif and Khurram bhai sitting at a long table. I smiled at them and stood in front of them. Beside them I saw Hamza standing there with the guy that called me in.

"Hey Zara! We were waiting for you!" Shehry grinned.

"But no playing favourites though. I'm auditioning." I warned. They all laughed.

"Okay Zara, we're going to test you on a few things, including your acting, expressions and dancing." Waqas explained.

"Woah, wait a minute. Dancing?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. We're going to make it Bollywood type so there will be songs in it. But it'll be songs from other movies." Khurram bhai smiled. Oh wow.

"Okay let's start. Um, Zara, how about you try a typical Bollywood meeting scene? Take some books and umm..Hussain! You grab some books too. Walk by each other but then bump into each other so the books fall." Waqas directed. I did what he said and grabbed some books from the table. Hussain did the same and stood on one side. I stood on the other side.

Scene

I started walking and so did Hussain. Suddenly Hussain bumped into me and automatically the books from my hands and his hands fell. I bent down to pick them and so did Hussain.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." Hussain apologised.

"Sorry?! You think a simple sorry will make up for it? Look at all this coffee you spilt on my work!" I shouted. Great Zara! I am great at overacting. And where did coffee come from? Hussain must have been confused as well but he certainly didn't show it.

"Look, I didn't do it on purpose. I'm sorry-" Hussain tried again but I cut him off.

"How do I know that? Maybe it could be on purpose!" I shouted. OMG what's wrong with me?

"Okay, listen here! I'm trying to be a good person and apologise! It's just a book, right?" Hussain stepped closer to me.

"You don't understand. It took me months to complete this." I said quietly.

"I can help you. I'm Rahul. Nam toh suna hoga? (You must have heard my name?)" Hussain grinned and put his hand out.

"I'm Anjali. Is it on Skype?" I asked, shaking his hand. As if scripted, me and Hussain burst out laughing.