Chapter 14 - Shaadi Season

Zara's P.O.V

It was Waqas' birthday today and everything was ready. We were at a club. Wait, don't get us wrong! We were upstairs, where there was no alcohol involved. We're keepin' it Halal, baby! So now we were all waiting at the club for Shehry to bring Waqas here. All of Waqas' friends from New York were invited. I was standing with Hussain and Najma.

"I bet Waqas will be surprised." Hussain chuckled. I nodded.

"Hey." A familiar voice said behind me. I turned around to see a very familiar face but I couldn't recognise who it was.

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" I asked. The guy gave me a grin.

"You probably don't remember. We met once. I bumped into you." He grinned. I frowned, thinking hard, trying to remember. Hussain, who was busy in conversation with Najma, noticed the guy and hugged him.

"Hey man. What are you doing here?" Hussain grinned.

"I was down in New York and Shehry called me around for Waqas' birthday and all." The guy smiled. Even though he was smiling, he didn't seem like a nice guy.

"Let me introduce you. Guys this is Farhan, Shehry's friend from uni." Hussain introduced us. Now I remember! He was the guy that bumped into me when I first saw Shehry at uni!

"Hi." Farhan smiled at Najma. To be honest, I didn't like this guy. He looked creepy.

"Farhan this is Najma, Shehry's fiancé." Hussain continued. Fiancé? Najma was surprised as well because she looked at Hussain straightaway.

"Fiancé? Shehry never told me. Congratulations bhabi." Farhan grinned. Najma nodded.

"Yeah it's very recent. You'll be invited to the wedding. And this is Zara, my girlfriend." Hussain grinned, holding my hand. I knew I was blushing. Farhan looked at me.

"Zara! That's your name. Sorry about that day. Hope you didn't get hurt." Farhan apologised.

"Have you two met before?" Hussain asked, confused.

"Yeah at uni. I bumped into her really hard cause I was rushing to class. Shehry suddenly got really angry at me so I was confused. But now I get that he was trying to protect his brother's girlfriend." Farhan chuckled. Hussain smiled at me. I smiled back, gripping his hand tighter. He always made me feel secure. Just then we saw Shehry entering with Waqas behind him.

"Shehry what's going on?" Waqas asked, annoyed. Shehry moved aside, letting Waqas see us.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Waqas was shocked. Shehry hugged him. Everyone took turns in hugging him.

"Happy birthday Waqas bhai!" I grinned, hugging Waqas.

"Thank you guys! Ah! I love you all!" Waqas grinned.

Faiza's P.O.V

The taxi dropped me and Arisha off at the club. We went upstairs to see loads of people, none of which I can recognize. I finally saw Hussain and Zara standing together. The two lovebirds.

"Arisha, look. Zara and Hussain." I called pointing their way. We walked over to them. Zara hugged me and Arisha.

"Glad you guys can make it." Hussain smiled.

"So where's the birthday boy?" Arisha asked.

"He just came a few minutes back. He must be around." Zara said, looking around.

"Oh there he is!" Hussain called, pointing his way. I looked towards his finger to see Waqas but he looked so different. He didn't look like that stressed, annoying guy on set. Instead he looked..handsome. I can't believe I'm saying this but he looked great. He was wearing a blue shirt with a brown leather jacket and he had this beautiful smile on his face. Suddenly he laughed and OMG. I just couldn't take my eyes off him.