Chapter 36 - Peace is Everything

"W-what?" I stammered. I couldn't believe my ears. He's just joking, right? There could be no way...no..no this isn't true. Hussain gulped. I could see the tears form in his eyes.
"I am married to Anika." He said in a hoarse voice. No..no..he's lying. I wiped away the tear that fell.
"This is a joke." I said, more to myself. Hussain shook his head slowly.
"Zara.." Hussain wiped his cheek, stepping towards me. I stepped back automatically.
"Why..why are you doing this to me? These aren't jokes Hussain, this isn't funny." I gulped.
"Zara, I'm not joking." Hussain said, another tear falling from his eye, onto his shirt. I was speechless. Why? How? When?
"Zara, listen to me.." Hussain said, stepping towards me again.

Hussain's P.O.V

"You lied to me." She whispered. I could feel the pain in her voice. What hurt me more is that I was the reason for that pain.
"Zara, listen-"
"Why? Why did you feed me all those lies? Why did you bring up my hopes? Why did you tell me all these lies when you didn't love me in the first place? Why didn't you tell me the truth that you're married to someone else?!" Zara shouted the last sentence, tears falling uncontrollably.
"Zara, please-"
"DON'T SAY MY NAME! Don't..don't come near me. You don't have any right.." She trailed off. Her words broke me. I gulped down my tears. I had never meant to hurt her. Zara suddenly made her way to the door.
"Where are you going?" I tried to stop her but she pushed me away.
"Leave me! Hussain, choro mujhe! I am not anything to you! I'm not your wife! I need peace! Not pain!" She yelled. The truth when heard was painful. I closed my eyes, wiping away the tear that fell.
"Zara-" I tried to say but she opened the door and left. Ya Allah! No..no I couldn't lose her again. I ran after her, nearly falling on the stairs. I made my way to the car in time to see her drive off.
"ZARA!" I screamed. I wiped away my tears, falling onto my knees. What do I do now?

Shehry's P.O.V

I tucked Ayaan in bed and kissed him on the forehead softly.
"Goodnight champ." I whispered and quietly stepped out of the room, turning off the lights. We had just returned from Waqas' wedding. Ayaan had fallen asleep in the car so I picked him up and took him inside while everyone else went to bed. I yawned, making my way to our room. Najma was already in bed, probably asleep. I tried to be as quiet as possible but then my phone started to ring. Really, really loudly. I answered it quickly so that Najma didn't wake up.
"Hello?" I whispered. However, I could see Najma turning to look at me. I mouthed a 'Sorry' to which she smiled.
"Shehry." I heard Hussain's pained voice on the other side. Suddenly my heart started to beat faster. Was he okay?
"What's wrong?" I asked, frowning slightly.
"Shehry, she knows. Zara..Zara knows about the divorce and..and she drove off. And I can't find her. I keep calling her but her phone's turned off. She's missing." Hussain said, his voice breaking at the end. I ran a hand through my hair. No, this couldn't be happening.
"Missing? Are you sure though? Have you checked everywhere?" I asked.
"I'm trying my best but I can't find her! And I don't even know where she could go! I'm going to her parent's place now. Can you go check Rizwan's place?" He questioned. I nodded.
"Yeah, I'll go. Tu fikr mat kar. We'll find her. In shaa Allah." I gulped.
"In shaa Allah." I heard Hussain say. He then cut the call. I grabbed my car keys and put my phone in my pocket.
"Who's missing?" Najma asked. I stopped in my tracks. Should I tell her? She's going to get worried.
"If you're planning on not telling me, it's your loss because I'm going to help. Now who is it?" Najma asked, putting on a coat. She stood in front of me. I sighed.
"Zara." I gulped. Najma's eyes widened.
"So what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Najma said and quickly rushed past me. Wow. I followed her downstairs and drove off to Rizwan's house.

Hussain's P.O.V

I rang the doorbell. I felt kind of guilty for disturbing them so late, as well as losing their only daughter. I ran a hand through my hair. This was all my fault. I would never forgive myself if anything happend to Zara. The door opened to reveal Ahmed uncle. He looked surprised to see me.
"Hussain? Tum? Iss waqt?" Ahmed uncle frowned. I suddenly felt speechless. What do I say?
"Aander aao." Ahmed uncle invited me in. I stepped inside and followed him to the living room where Noureen aunty was sitting.
"Hussain. Kaise ho beta? Sab theek hai? Zara kahan hai?" Noureen aunty asked me. I gulped.
"Voh..aunty, actually, mujhe nahi pata." I said. Ahmed uncle frowned.
"Nahi pata matlab?" Ahmed uncle asked.
"Her phone is turned off. I thought she'd be here but..I don't know. I don't want to worry you all but.." I trailed off. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Ahmed uncle went to get the door. Noureen aunty sat down.
"Aunty, I'm sorry." I gulped. Noureen aunty shook her head. Even she was speechless. Suddenly Adil came stomping in, with Ahmed uncle behind him, and grabbed my collar tightly and pushed me against the wall.
"Adil!" Noureen aunty stood up.
"What did you do?!" Adil growled angrily.
"Adil, leave Hussain alone!" Ahmed uncle tried to pry Adil off me but he wasn't budging.
"My sister is out there somewhere, alone. All because of you! I will kill you if anything happens to her." He looked at me with fire in his eyes.
"Do you think I'm happy about this? I'm trying my best to find her! She's my life. She's the only one that will keep me alive." I said truthfully, fuming. Adil looked at me angrily and then let go of my collar.
"Where have you looked?" He asked coldly.
"Everywhere around our apartment. Shehry's gone to Rizwan's house." I answered. Adil nodded.
"Let's go." He said. I followed him outside.