Sleepovers

*I know nothing about foster care or adoption so, if anything is incorrect, i apologoze*

Thankfully for Clara, one of the workers was actually really nice and young. All Clara had to ask was if she could go over to her friend's house. That worker told her she could.

Clara went shopping before that day. She got new pajamas. clothes, and books. She also bought a board game.  It was monopoly.

She packed all her things. She brought her computer, phone, money, soap, four books, and her clothes/pajamas.

The only thing about it was that Clara had to get this bag by without anyone seeing.

Piece of cake. No one notices her ever.

She put her bags in the backseat of her car and drove to school. 

Freddie was finally back from being sick. He had also been doing his research on things. He had learned from a teacher that Clara was taken away from her foster family. Now, he was figuring out how to become a foster parent. 

Freddie arrived at the school at the same time as Clara.

"You've been through quite a lot, haven't you," he said.

"What?" Clara questioned.

"I know what happened," he said.

A wave of sadness washed over Clara. She looked at him.

Freddie wasn't going to tell her what he planned to do. He wanted it to be a surprise.

They walked into first block.

"It's performance day, everybody!" the teacher exclaimed.

Silence. 

"Who's going first?"

Silence.

"Clara," he said. "Why don't you and your group go first?"

Clara groaned.

Clara, Neptune, and two others went up. Instruments were tuned and plugged into amps. The microphone was checked.

Cue music. *AN/ Listen to Never Enough on Youtube.*

She performed and she was nervous. She had never performed in front of Freddie.

Freddie was surprised. Clara has really practiced and it was surprising when she hit the high Never Enoughs. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

When she finished, she got a round of applause from everyone. The group did amazing. 

"Just a suggestion," the teacher started, "but you should probably drop the capo. Or you should choose a different song."

"I only have two weeks until the final performance," Clara thought. "I can't just choose a different song. Everyone has put their time into this song."

"I'll drop the capo."

He nodded and the group walked off stage.

"I think you did great," Freddie said.

"Thanks."

That class ended quickly. Sugar we're going down, Drops of Jupiter, King of Everything, and the Judge were played in that class.

The next class was easy. Clara and Andrew laughed the whole time and barely even focused on their project, despite being told to stop many times. 

Then, she had to drive to her other school.

"Freddie," she had said. "Do you think anybody will take me in?"

"Of course," he said.

"Then why haven't they done it already?"

Good point.

Anyways, fast forward to lunch.

"Are you ready for the sleepover?" Bailey asked.

"I was practically born ready," she answered.

"We're going to do so many things," Dylan said. "We're going to stay up late, play games, watch movies, and create the craziest sundaes."

Clara was smiling from ear to ear. 

Then, she had to go to Spanish. It was Freddie's day to teach.

"Hola, clase. Today we will be watching some videos on superstitions in Spanish countries."

Spanish speaking countries actually have most of the same superstitions. All except one. Except for Friday the Thirteenth, they do Tuesday the Thirteenth. 

Despite Freddie teaching, Spanish is still boring.

Then, it was time to go home. Freddie actually had to have someone do a background check on him.

Clara, on the other hand, could not hold her excitement in.

"Bailey," Clara asked. "How do I get to your house?"

"Oh, we're using your car."

"What?"

"You can drive and I'll tell you the exact directions."

"Fine," Clara caved. "Where are the others?"

"Already in your car."

"How did they do that?"

"They have their ways."

They did not realize they were in front of her car.

Zach honked her horn.

"Get in you lovebirds!"

Clara flipped him off.

"Go screw yourself," she told him when she got in.

"I would," Zach said, "But you already do that for me."

Logan was the first to laugh. He sounded like Drax laughing at Starlord. Zach smiled like an idiot.

Clara scoffed and covered her face with her hands.

"We've never done anything like that before," she mumbled into her hands.

Then she started the car. Before she drove, she put on some music from her phone.

"Play Allstar," Logan stated.

In return, she rickrolled of them.

"I hate you sometimes," Zach told her. 

"You weren't saying that last night," Clara returned. 

Cue the embarassed laughter and Drax laughter again.

"What happened to you two have never done abything like that?" Bailey asked.

"We haven't," Clara and Zach stated, "we just like teasing each other."

"Like an old married couple," Dylan spoke.

Finally, after six lefts, three straights, and four rights, they reached their destination.

*Hey, guys. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I've had a bunch of school work. On top of that, I've had and still have coronavirus. My sister brought it home and it spread to everyone. It's not fun. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter.*