Adoption Process

Adopting a child is apparently not as easy as they put it on tv. 

Freddie Highmore had to do a lot that weekend. He had to have a background check run on him and there was so much paperwork to do. He also had to tell his family what he was doing.

Calling people was the easiest thing for him to do at this time. That being said, as he sat on his sofa surrounded by papers and a computer, he pulled out his phone.

"Who to call first," he thought. "I'll call Mum."

He tapped in the number and called her.

"Hello," she greeted.

"Hey, Mum."

"Freddie! How are you?"

"I'm great, Mum. I actually have something to tell you."

"What is it?" she asked, starting to worry.

"It's nothing terrible," he said. "It's actually something great."

"Oh," she gasped. "Then, what is it?"

"Mum," he started. "I met this girl while working at a school to help with Spanish. She's great and wonderful and she is a huge nerd. I got to know her and then something tramatic happened to her."

"Oh no."

"She got taken away from her family," he explained. "They haven't got really enough money to support her. Because of this, I have come to a huge decision."

"Before you tell me," she said. "Let me get your father.'

"Okay, Mum."

He had to wait three minutes before she came back. 

"Okay, continue." she told him.

"I'm going to adopt her."

There was silence.

"That is wonderful, Freddie!" his mother exclaimed at last. "That means i will have a granddaughter, right?"

Freddie laughed. "Yes, Mum."

"We are both very excited for you. When will you get her?"

"Hopefully within the next four months."

"So hopefully by March." 

"Yes, Mum."

"Good luck, Freddie."

"Thanks, Mum and Dad."

They said their goodbyes. Freddie then called his brother and some of his friends. He asked something from one friend in particular after he told them what was going to be done.

"I need to surprise her for Christmas or her birthday," Freddie said. "She's been wanting to meet you for ages."

"I'll see what I can do but no promises," this mystery person explained.

"So you'll do it?" Freddie questioned.

"I will most certainly try."

*Hey, guys. This chapter sucks. I know. Who do you think this mystery person is? Hint: It's someone from a popular fandom. Anyways, enjoy!*