Untitled Part 18

Clara drove to Bailey's house with the biggest smile on her face. She could barely hold her excitement. 

"I'm adopting you"

That's all Clara was currently hearing in her head. When she pulled into Bailey's driveway, she hopped out of her car and practically squealed.

"I can't believe it!" she yelled.

*Meanwhile*

"Did y'all hear something?" Logan asked.

"Probably just a random neighbor,"  Bailey said. "They do that a lot."

They sipped their tea.

*Back to Clara*

Clara ran up to the front door and opened it. She walked inside and slammed the door behind her on accident.

"Jesus!" Bailey yelled. "You couldn't have been any quieter."

"Nope! Too excited," Clara said.

Bailey ad Logan sighed.

"I'm going to make celebration cookies!" Clara announced.

"What exactly are we celebrating?" Dylan asked.

"You'll see."

Clara went to the kitchen and pulled out all her necessary ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. Clara thought she was going to have some missing ingredients but she didn't. She started mixing her wet ingredients together in the mixer.

"You're baking?" Zach asked. "Without me? How very dare you?"

"Sorry!" she exclaimed. "Too excited to ask."

"What are you excited about?" he asked as he leaned against the counter.

"It's something really really big."

"Are you ever going to tell me?"

"Only if you don't tell the others."

"I won't."

"You pinky promise?"

Zach sighed and held out his pinky. Clara wrapped hers around his.

"I got adopted."

"Wait, what?! That's exciting news! Who adopted you?"

"Freddie Highmore," Clara replied.

"The guy who's been touring the school with you?"

"Yeah!"

Clara hugged him and he hugged her back. She secretly missed his embrace. She buried her head into the crook of his neck. She could feel his heartbeat increase.

"Clara."

"Yeah."

"We've got to finish the cookies."

"Okay."

She unwrapped her arms from around him and got back to what she was doing. Not before kissing him on the cheek first.

Zach felt like he had died and gone to heaven. The girl he loved was showing him a lot of affection, which is unusual for her.

"If you could start mixing the dry ingredients into a separate bowl, that would be great," Clara offered.

He got out another bowl and started sifting flour. Clara had already measured out the dry ingredients for him.

Clara was almost done with the wet ingredients. She was putting in the eggs one at a time when Zach finished.

"You can start pouring in flour a little bit at a time," she said.

The two did so, got finished and put them on baking pans to bake in the oven.

"Bailey! Logan! Dylan! You can come eat the cookie dough out of the bowl!"

Never in Clara's life had she seen such speed as the boys tried to grab the cookie dough. They started eating the cookie dough like their lives depended on it.

"All we have to do is wait," Clara thought as she put on the timer.

"What were you guys watching?" she asked.

The guys looked at each other.

"I'm not going to tell her. I'll not going to admit that I like the show."

"Well, I'm not telling her."

"We were watching Chicago Fire."

"Really now," Clara said. "Who's your favorite character?"

"Sylvie."

"Gallo. He's hilarious."

"I like Casey. He's kinda hot. Not as hot as Severide but still pretty hot," Dylan said.

"I like Kidd. She's a strong character. Who's your favorite?"

"Hermann and Mouch," Clara said.

"The old guys?"

"Yep. They're hilarious."

"I see where you're coming from."

They sat down and watched the rest of the episode. The timer dinged when there was ten minutes left on the show.

"I'll go get them guys," Clara said.

Clara walked to the kitchen and put on some oven mitts. She pulled the cookies out of the oven and placed them on plates to cool. She came back into the living room and handed them to the guys.

"So, what are we celebrating?" Logan asked.

"Well, I got adopted by Freddie Highmore."

Bailey choked on his drink. "I don't think I heard you correctly. Can you repeat?"

"I got adopted by Freddie Highmore."

"Nope. I heard that correctly."

They all got up and hugged her one by one. It was kinda like the minions off of Despicable Me.

"You better take me to the reward shows," Bailey said. "Some of us want to meet Millie Bobby Brown."

"Same. I want to meet Emma Watson and Julia Roberts," Logan chimed in.

"What about Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Junior?" Zach said.

"I personally like Ryan Reynolds and Tom Holland, but that's just me."

"Alright, alright. If Freddie is nominated to an award show, I will bring you people. No promises though. Can we get back to the show now?"

Clara was so happy to have people who loved her and enjoyed her company. Clara knew that tomorrow night, she would be in a new bed. This one was slightly more permanent, though.