No Longer an Orphan Kid

There are many different ways to wake up in the morning. There's the kind where you wake up refreshed and happy all on your own. There's also the kind where you are woken up and feel like you could've slept for the next week.

Freddie Highmore woke up the good kind where he woke up on his own. He woke up at ten o'clock am and fixed himself a cup of tea.

Clara was woken up by very obnoxious boys. 

"Wake up, Sleepy Head!"

Clara jumped in her sleep. She felt something warm holding her.

"Oh shit," Clara thought.

Bailey, her best friend and confidant, was spooning her. What was even worse was that she liked it. She liked the warmth and her being against him.

She went to move when the arms pulled her towards him.

"Bailey," she said.

"Hmm," he replied.

"That's not the crocodile you're hugging towards you."

Bailey cursed and removed his hands from around her.

"If you two star-crossed lovers are finished," Logan said. "Breakfast is ready downstairs."

Bailey got up out of bed and pulled Clara with him. No words were really shared between them. They walked downstairs on opposite sides. They sat down at the dinner table to see five plates, two per each side of the table and one plate at the end.

Breakfast was eggs, pancakes, and bacon. Clara and Bailey sat in front of each other and didn't make eye contact as they ate.

The others picked up on the awkward silence.

"Soo..." Dylan said. "How did everyone sleep last night?"

Everyone said a couple of goods and greats.

"I had a dream someone was kicking me," Bailey said.

"That wasn't a dream, Bailey," Clara told him. "You were snoring loudly so I kicked you to shut you up."

"Was this before or after you two were in each others arms?" Dylan commented as a joke.

Bailey and Clara were both bright red.

"The food is delicious to whoever made it," Clara said, changing the subject.

"Thanks," Dylan said.

They ate their food and silence and helped clean up afterwards. It was soon twelve and Clara had to get ready to meet Freddie.

She threw on a shirt that said, "If you can read this, my invisibility cloak stopped working." She also chose to wear some blue jeans and purple Converse. Then, she threw her hair up in a ponytail and grabbed her keys.

"I'll be back," she called to them.

She texted Freddie that she was leaving and where should they meet. He said to meet at the Bruster's by the bowling alley.

Freddie was already waiting for her when they got there. All morning he was trying to figure out how he was going to tell her. He decided to do it over ice cream and just straight up tell her.

He waited ten minutes just pacing and pacing before she arrived.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing is wrong, Clara," he spoke. "I've got something to tell you."

"Are you going to tell me we only have one more week together because some big movie star director called and they want you to do a romance thriller all the way in New York?" she questioned nervously.

He laughed. "I love the imagination there but no. I'll tell you after we order ice cream."

They went up and ordered. Clara got a sea salt caramel toffee and Freddie got cake batter.

"So, what were you going to tell me?" 

"You know how you got taken away from your foster family and don't really have a home right now?"

"How could I forget?" Clara replied sarcastically.

"Well," he said. "That's about to change."

"What?" she questioned. "How? Am I going back to them? Am I moving to another foster home?"

"No," Freddie commented. "Your situation is about to change because I am adopting you."