New Kid

"Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad. Dad."

Clara was currently bothering Freddie over and over again. She poked him on his arm, his side, the area where his neck met his shoulder, etc. She needs to talk to him about something important.

"Yes, child."

"Good, you're listening. I got to go to school early on Monday."

"What?" Freddie questions. "Why? Isn't it- like- the last month of school?"

"Yeah, but there's a new student they want me to walk around the school," Clara explains. "Apparently, I have a few classes with them and I have that awesome track record of tour guidism."

"Alright, what time?"

"7:40 in the morning."

Freddie shrugged. "Fair. I've woken up early for less so consider it done."

"Thanks, Dad." Clara hugged her dad before proceeding to turn the tv to a different channel.

*******************Time Skip to Monday brought to you by Insomnia induced rage**************

Clara walked into the principal's office. There was a teenager sitting at one of the chairs in the office.

He looked nervous. He was fidgeting with a small fidget cube that was blue. Clara couldn't judge on height because he was obviously sitting, but he was kind of cute. 

His hair was chestnut brown and parted to one side of his head. He wore a blue flannel over a science t-shirt that had an atom on it, although Clara couldn't entirely see the words. He was bunched over, elbows on his knees.

"Hey, Principal Horton. How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking. This is Cameron. You'll be walking him around the school, showing him around and stuff."

"Okay, sounds good. Let's go, dude."

Cameron grabbed his backpack up and kept his head down. He still continued to play with the fidget cube.

"I'm gonna start with the cafeteria. This school has a lot of kids so, we have two. I'm starting with the main cafeteria though. There's where most of everybody goes. You can sit inside or outside. Unless it rains, then good luck trying to sit outside. It's nicer outside though and quieter. What class you got for third block?" Clara rambled.

"Gym."

Cameron spoke with a British accent, more of a Northern British accent and slighter thicker than Freddie's. Definitely more high-pitched though.

They stopped at the entrance of the main cafeteria. "You see up ahead, past the cafeteria? That's our gym. You'll most likely be there."

Cameron handed her the schedule. She skimmed over it. The gym class he did have was straight up ahead in that gym. He also had English with Clara, an algebra class, and a chemistry class.

"I had them back in Newcastle. It's just a quick transfer since I came so late in the year."

"Nah, you're good. You actually have the same lunch as me. You can sit with my friends and me, but only if you want to."

"Sure."

She walked him to where his classes were. Only one class was far away from the others and that was algebra on the other side of the school.

"You got any hobbies?"

"Um," Cameron hesitated. "Football. Er, um, British football. Your soccer."

"Ohh, that's cool. I played goalie for a while when I was younger. I hated playing it at school though because I swear kids always found some way to kick you in the shin as hard as they could."