What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

*Author's note: I am not good at writing things in the first person, but I'm going to try for this one chapter.*

Clara's POV

You would think that going to Walmart to get a few things would be fine, right? Wrong. Not when you're surrounded by idiots.

I drove us to Walmart. The car ride up there was fine. We very loudly sang songs that came on the radio. One of my friends decided to put on a hamilton song, thinking it would surprise me. It didn't, but I surprised them by singing Guns And Ships correctly. We know have a way of finding each other if we get lost.

We got out and went inside. We all split up quickly. I went by myself with Dylan following behind while the others went the other way. Dylan and I went to the movie aisle to pick out a few movies to watch.

"Nightmare On Elm Street, check. The Conjuring, check. It, check."

"Are we watching all of these?" I asked.

"Yes. Preferably at night."

I didn't queston him any further. I've never watched a horror movie in my life. The closest I have ever gotten to horror was this show called Grimm.

Dylan then got a text.

"Clara," he said. "You have got to see this."

He showed his phone to where we both could watch it. It was Bailey, jumping off a platform into the ball holder like that vine I once saw.

Needless to say, we both started dying with laughter until some employee started giving us dirty looks.

Then, Dylan gave me this mischievous look.

"Don't you even think about it."

Before I could stop him, he took off at full flipping speed.

I was just going to let him go, but I also wanted to see this for myself. I did the only reasonable thing that came to my mind and sprinted after him.

Dylan had climbed up on another platform by the time I got there.

"Dylan," I yelled. "Don't be an idiot. Please, just get down from there."

"I'm gonna jump," Dylan yelled.

"No!" I yelled.

"DO A FLIP!" Logan yelled.

And that's what he did, while I scattered and acted like I didn't know them.

We ended up leaving the store with food, water balloons, a ball for Logan because he wanted one, movies, sticky notes, and a murder mystery game.

Than, we drove off to Ashley Park for an hour. We walked around and talked about our lives. It was mainly them talking and me thinking. I am honestly scared for what may happen with my life. I may never get adopted or even in foster care. No one wants a teenager as a burden. I'm just lucky to have my friends and Freddie in my life right now.

"Clara." Bailey bumped my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking."

"Do you want to go to the Great American Cookie Place?"

That perked me up. Their cookies are my favorite.

"Sure," I said.

We walked across the street and entered the sweet smelling store.

I ordered a double doozie while the others ordered fudge brownies, M&M cookies, and sugar cookies.

We sat outside and ate our food.

"So," Bailey asked. "How's your celebrity friend doing?"

"Freddie's fine," I answered. "He's been sick but he said he has a surprise to tell me. He actually asked if he could meet me tomorrow."

"And what did you answer?"

"I said yes, of course."

We finished our cookies and went home. We picked up Chic-Fil-A and Starbucks along the way.

We watched Deadpool first which was actually pretty funny and had tons of breaks in the fourth wall. Reminds me of some fanfictions I have read at two a.m.

Then, I had the boys watch the first episode of Sherlock.

"So, do you have a girlfriend?"

"No, not really my thing."

"So do you have a boyfriend? Which is completely fine by the way."

"I know its fine."

"Hold up a freaking second," Dylan said. "Is he flirting with Sherlock?"

I just drank my cup of tea I had made.

"There's more where that came from," I said.

"OH, yes," Dylan said. "I live for the gay."

(Time skip brought to you by the sexual tension of Sherlock)

"AHH!" I screamed.

"It's literally just a killer clown. What is wrong with you?" Bailey asked.

"I'm not complaining," Zach said. I was curled up against his side.

(Another time skip brought by my love for the Good Doctor)

"Clara, it is two in the morning. No one is coming after you and no one is going to end up possessed."

"But there is a possibility," I said. "You're more likely to be possessed in very dark places."

"But you have Timothy to protect you."

"As strong as Timothy the tiger may be, he is just a stuffed tiger."

"Then sleep in our room tonight."

"But where will I sleep, Bailey?"

"You take the bed and I'll take the floor."

"But it's your bed," I said. "I'll take the floor."

"How about you two shut up and both sleep on the bed!" Dylan shouted.

We both entered Bailey's room and laid on opposite sides of the bed. We stacked pillows between us so we wouldn't go on each other's side.

"Goodnight, Bailey."

"Goodnight, Clara Robin."