The Next Week

Clara had done it. She raised up her grade from an 81 to an 86.

The whole week, kids had been bringing in things like balloons and cards. Clara didn't do this. She drew a picture of a penguin. That was it.

Clara was busy reading the Spiderwick Chronicles for the 47th time.

Mrs. Ana was out of her class. Mrs. Ana stood in the hall waiting for the visitor.

Freddie Highmore came around the corner. He stopped next to the teacher.

"Hi," Mrs. Ana said.

"Hey," Freddie replied, "so this is it?"

"Yep," Mrs. Ana clarified. "Welcome to Spanish Two."

They shook hands.

The two looked into the classroom. The class was rowdy and acting crazy. All except for one. The white-haired girl reading the fifth Spiderwick Chronicles.

"Whose she?" Freddie asked, interested in her.

"Clara. Ms. Luna Clara Robin," Mrs. Ana replied sweetly, "A rather accomplished girl. She's going to go somewhere in life."

"I like her already," Freddie Highmore whispered.

"Ms. Clara keeps to herself. Clara is a very quiet person, one of the best in the class. She is extremely caring and persistent. She usually reads when she has nothing to do."

"Wow," Freddie voiced.

"Ms. Robin has also been talking about how great and wonderful you are ever since I announced it," Mrs. Ana laughed.

Freddie laughed right along with her.

"That is why I have chosen her to be your "tour guide"," Ana said.

The two stared back into the class. Clara was just sitting there, reading.

That's when the two walked in.