Critics' Choice Awards

The boys and Clara were busy getting ready. Clara got ready in the bathroom with the door locked. She wasn't going to change in front of them, but the bathroom was also more convenient. Instead of running around the place, she had access to her clothes she brought with her, makeup, and a flat iron plus hair brush. She had a golden dress that went to her knees and was an off-shoulder style.

She put on her dress and zipped up the back of the dress partially. She couldn't zip it the rest of the way so she decided she would ask one the the boys to do it.

She hooked up the flat iron and brushed her hair while she waited for it to heat up. When it did heat up, she carefully went all the way around her head.

She would curl her hair, but the curls never stay. You could use a whole bottle of hairspray, but the curls still wouldn't stay.

Clara then took the hairspray and sprayed some in her hair so her hair would stay flat and straight. Clara then put on some light mascara and gold eyeshadow. She lined her lips with lipgloss.

Bailey knocked on the door. "Hurry up, Clair! Your dad is waiting and half of us need our bowties tied."

"How is the bowtie thing my problem?"

"You literally watched a YouTube video and learned how to do it in two hours."

"Fine. I'm done anyways," Clara said as she opened the door.

"Holy shit."

"What?"

"Nothing. You got a little something on your face."

"Ha ha," Clara laughed sarcastically.

"But seriously, you look amazing."

"I feel uncomfortable," Clara said. "This dress is kinda itchy."

"Dude, same," Bailey agreed. "I've been wearing suits my whole life and I'm still not used to it."

Clara walked out of the bathroom and Bailey went in. 

"Who needs their bowtie done?"

Zach looked up and smiled at Clara. "Me."

"But what abo-" Logan went to say.

"Shut up. I need it done."

Clara walked over to Zach and he handed her the fabric to make the bow tie. She placed it around his neck.

"You look beautiful."

Clara blushed. She continued with the bow tie. "You look very handsome," she whispered.

Zach smiled shyly and Clara nearly melted. She pulled Zach to her by the partially done bow tie. She kissed him on the lips before getting back to the task.

"What was that for?"

"Because I love you," Clara thought. What she really said was: "just because."

Now, Freddie was knocking on the door. "You guys done yet?"

"Almost!"

Freddie got them all one hotel room that had two bedrooms within it. He walked out for a minute to give them privacy. He didn't get two separate hotel rooms because it cost more and he was not leaving Zach and Clara in a separate room by themselves. Yes, they were older and he did trust Felicity. He just didn't to leave those two in a separate room by themselves.

He did allow Clara and Zach to share the bedroom next to his. There was only one bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Bailey was fine with sleeping on the couch since it was super comfortable. Logan took the opposite sofa and Dylan slept on the floor. 

"Look, I get the best sleep of my life on the floor. I wake up and feel like I just died."

"Isn't that a bad thing?"

"Nope."

Clara got Zach to zip up her dress and they headed down to where the show was starting. The group got a whole table to themselves.

"OH MY GOSH!"

"What?"

"IT'S MILLIE BOBBY BROWN!"

She was at a nearby table. The whole group was fangirling, even Clara.

Throughout the whole award ceremony, Freddie Highmore was nominated for about two awards but did not win one. He was a little disappointed but he looked over at Clara and his troubles disappeared. He remembered that feeling, going to awards shows as a kid.

They ended up getting a picture with Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp. They were totally chill about it.

Freddie and the gang went back up to their hotel room. Freddie undid his bowtie and flopped onto the couch.

"Sorry you didn't win an award," Clara said, as she sat down next to him and patted his shoulder.

"It's fine. You're not always gonna win at these shows."

"Still kinda sucks."

Zach turned on the tv and left it on Master Chef after scrolling for a long time. Bailey was invested in the show. Logan pretended not to watch it, but kept sneaking glances.

Dylan yelled out comments.

"Jerry, you dumb bitch. How the fuck do you under-cook bread, you idiot?"

"You don't even cook or bake, Dylan."

"I might not but I do know that fucking Jerry is a dumbass."

Freddie passed out in his room, after changing out of his clothes. Clara passed out on the couch with Zach by her side, holding her hand. Logan and Dylan stayed up bingewatching Master Chef, cussing enough to challenge Gordon Ramsey. Bailey went to sleep in the room next to Freddie's.