Always Prepared

"Clara! Hurry up! We have to catch the plane in the next two hours," Freddie yelled.

"I'm coming," Clara yelled back. "I'm just getting the last bit of stuff now. Also, I've got to say goodbye to my friends."

Freddie sighed as he heard the doorbell.

Bailey and Zach were standing there.

"What happened to the others?" Freddie asked.

"Good to see you, too, Mr. Freddie," Zach said as he walked through the door.

Freddie rolled his eyes.

"Dylan is sick with bronchitis and Logan is currently at an all-you-can-eat buffet with his family," Bailey said. "Sorry for my VERY RUDE FRIEND over there."

Zach just shrugged. He then yelled, "Clara! Hurry your butt up. We're waiting for you."

Then, there was another knock at the door.

"Who the fuck could that be?" Zach asked.

Freddie opened the door to see Andrew standing there waiting.

"I'm here to say goodbye to Clara," Andrew said. "I'm gonna miss her."

Clara was at the top of the stairs. "I'm not going to be gone for long. Only three weeks."

"That's three weeks without my best friend," Andrew said.

"Aww," Bailey said.

Zach glared and fake-gagged.

"I hate the both of you," Clara said.

Clara walked down the stairs to the three of them. Freddie started putting their luggage in the car to give her privacy. She hugged Andrew first.

"I'm gonna miss you, too," she said. "I'm gonna miss our midnight talks about Hogwarts."

"Hold up. You two are having midnight talks Hogwarts?" Zach questioned.

"It actually varies from subject to subject but yes," Andrew said.

Zach huffed. They might have the midnight talks but has he ever had Clara call him at three am to rant about her home life and situation? Has he ever had her call him and talk for the next two hours because she just really needed to talk about anything?

Andrew smiled at her and walked out the door.

"I'll see you in three weeks, kid," Bailey said as he ruffled her hair.

"Shit, I'm definitely going to miss you, Bailey," Clara said. "Just make sure you give the others hell for me."

"Oh, most definitely," Bailey laughed.

Bailey went to walk out.

"No sexual innuendo or I'm kicking your balls into you ass, Zach," Bailey said.

"Like you would do that."

"You do remember seventh grade, don't you?"

Zach froze. "Not seventh grade."

"When are you two going to tell me about seventh grade?" Clara said.

"Hopefully never."

Bailey walked out the door and the two were left alone.

Clara suddenly grew self conscious and started straightening out her shirt.

"Clara, I'm really going to miss you."

"I'm still going to talk to you over the phone," Clara said.

"It won't be the same as in person, though," he said quietly.

"You can still make your references and innuendos," Clara teased, while punching Zach's arm.

"True," he laughed. "Can I give you something before I leave?"

"Sure, what is it?" Clara asked.

"This."

Zach gently put his hands on either side of Clara's face and kissed her gently.

He pulled back and smiled at her.

"Well," Clara said.

"Well what?"

"Are you going to finish what you started?"

"Not while your dad is in the room next to us," Zach said. "He scares me."

"But he's Freddie Highmore. He's literally the nicest person ever."

"That's what scares me. He glares at me so menacingly. He's also British. The British has ruled about half of the world."

Clara laughed.

"I'm also giving you this," Zach said.

He gave her one of his jackets.

Clara gasped. "It's your holey one."

"I'm letting you borrow it for now. Since you're going to beautiful rainy England."

Clara put it on and zipped it up.

"It even smells like you."

She hugged him.

"Clara! We're leaving!"

"Coming, Freddie!"

"I'll see you in three weeks."

"See you in three weeks."

Zach walked out the door.

"Now that the sappy shit is out of your system," Bailey began, "why don't we go play some Mario Kart?"

"Alright."

Felicity hopped in the front seat next to Freddie.

"Ready, Clara."

"I'm ready as I'll ever be."