Christmas Part Two

"Clara, wake up."

Clara was lightly shaken.

"Five more minutes, Dad. I'm still dreaming of how I would think the next season of Supernatural is going to be."

Freddie sighed. "It's Christmas."

Clara's eyes became wide. 

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Do we get to stay in our pajamas for the whole day, drink hot chocolate with whipped cream, watch movies, and open presents?"

"Yeah, Clara. Up until five p.m. Mum wants us over for Christmas dinner."

"I hope she's prepared for crazy Christmas socks and Jeopardy."

Freddie laughed. "What am I to do with you, Clara?"

"Love me forever?"

"That's already happening," Freddie said. "There's no stopping me loving you. You're my daughter and you're amazing."

"You're going to make me cry and I don't need to be crying on Christmas, Dad," Clara said. "but I love you, too."

They walked into the living room where their presents for each other lie. Clara casted The Christmas Chronicles to the television.

"Are we taking pictures?" Clara asked.

"Sure."

Freddie took out his phone and Clara picked up her first present from him.

"It's heavy."

"Just open the present."

Clara ripped into it and found the whole entire Percy Jackson series.

"I heard you talk about how you've read the first two books but couldn't afford to get the others, so I bought them for you from Barnes and Noble."

Clara hugged Freddie. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Clara then motioned for Freddie to open a present from her.

"I heard you say it was your favorite book."

He opened the Catcher in the Rye. 

"You didn't have to do this, Clara."

"I know, but I wanted to."

Clara ended up getting a Disney snow globe, a crime scene board game, an electric guitar, and an amp to go with the electric guitar.

Freddie got a matching t-shirt that went with Clara's shirt that said, "If lost, return to Doctor Shaun Murphy." Freddie's read, "I'm Doctor Shaun Murphy" and it had a stethoscope on it. Freddie also got a mixtape that Clara got one of her friends to create with his favorite songs and some of her favorite songs/

"Thank you," they said at the same time.

They hugged each other. Then, they sat on the sofa and read their books in silence while sipping hot chocolate.

"Same, Thalia. Same."

"What?" Freddie questioned.

"This character named Thalia just asked if they can change the music from Jesse McCartney to Green Day. I relate to that on multiple factors."

"Hmm."

Movies played in the background as they read their books. Clara ended up reading all of the Titan's Curse by the time they had to go to Freddie's mum's house.

Clara put on a Snoopy Christmas shirt and jeans with reindeer antlers and boots. She put on Christmasy Yoda socks.

Freddie put on an ugly Christmas sweater that said "Santa Claws" with a cat on it.