7- Apologize

After a little bit of contemplation, I decided to change into a set of ripped jeans and fishnets, with a sheer black top and bralette under it. I threw a leather jacket over it and put on some statement boots. I made my eyeliner a bit thicker and let my hair down. I walked out and my mom gasped. "You look so beautiful, Mari!" She gushed. "Thanks mom." I smile. I give her a kiss on the cheek and rush out the door, just as the bus starts to come down the street. I hop on fast and sit, looking at my phone. I text Mina "Be there soon!" And she sees it and likes the message.

The bus ride was only a litle while long, but it felt like ages. I wondered why I couldn't get Bakugou out of my mind. The intense heat that I felt when looking into his eyes was nothing I had felt before. He seemed to look at me a lot, and I was still paranoid that he might hate me. What I wonder most is my quirk. He approached me, seemingly wanting to apologize. Was that from my quirk, or just a coincidence? The bus stopped and I saw Mina standing outside. I grabbed my bag and ran out the bus. "Hey! You look so good!" Mina yells. I smile. "Hey, Mina. Let's get to your place, its a bit windy."

"So, don't tell him I told you this, but Bakugou has been going insane about you. I've never seen him like this. He's been asking the guys what he should say to you pretty much since we got home from school." Mina giggles. "I think he might like you, Amari." I freeze up. He might... like me? "I thought he hated me." I admitted. "No, in fact, he kept asking me when you would get here, he really wants to apologize." Mina says. Could this be because of my quirk? I hoped not, and hoped it was just because Bakugou was a decent guy and wanted to apologize for being a dick. "Alright, here we are!" Mina leads me to a doorstep and unlocks the door.

The door swings open and I'm greeted with a large living area with a few couches, a huge tv, and some gaming systems. "Hey, Amari! Welcome to the Bakupad!" Kaminari shouts, before Sero tackles him and they start messing around. "Alright, alright." Kirishima says, seeming like the sane one. "Hey, Amari. I got pizza on the way, I hope you don't mind that. Do you want water or something?" He asks me. "Water's fine." I smile. I sit at the table, and Kirishima gets me a glass of water. "I'll show you around later." Mina yells from her room. Kirishima gestures me over to the couch and I sit.

"So, I wanted to apologize for what happened today. Bakugou has sort of a short temper, but he's a good guy, don't get me wrong." Kirishima stares off into the distance, and I ask, "How long have you known him?" Kirishima smiles. "Its been about four years now. We met in high school. His energy was just so... interesting. I liked being around him. He's a good guy. He just puts up an angry wall, is all." Kirishima smiles. "It was funny to see him get put in his place by you, though. You really did a number on old Bakugou." Kaminari jokes. "Yeah, he doesn't know what to do with himself now that this pretty girl stood up to him." Sero laughs. Kirishima flashes widened eyes at Sero and he quiets down. I hear the doorknob giggle. "That must be him."

Bakugou opens the door, in a t-shirt and sweats. His hair is somehow a bit more spikey than before, and he looks straight at me. "Hey, Bakugou." I smile. He looks at me, and I can sense his nervousness from here. His eyes try to dodge mine but they continue to be pulled in. "Uh, hi Amari. Good to see you." He quickly walks off into the dining area, setting the pizza down. I follow him. "So, what were you trying to tell me earlier?" I say to him, and he turns around to me. "Um, I just wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have snapped so hard at you earlier- Hey, do you guys mind going to your room with that? I want to talk to Amari alone." "But this TV is so much bigger." Kaminari argues. "Plus, this match just started." Sero counters. "Fine. Do you mind coming to my room, Amari?" Bakugou asks me. My heart flutters a little bit. "Sure."

What's so important that he wants to talk to me alone?