28- God

Time stands still, as it has since the rest of them were released. I've been here alone for I don't even know how long. An emotionless, faceless figure pops in again, bringing me a little food, just enough to keep me alive. A couple crackers, a glass of water, a bowl of corn? I eat it slowly, trying to hang onto anything I can. Anything I can do to keep my time occupied, chewing until I can't anymore. I'm holding on to the assumption that they'll slip up and let me out of here, that way, I'll try to overpower them, but without my quirk, it's a risky move. I can only hope that I'll be able to when they get too comfortable. It's been quite some time since they took everyone else out, and they only come in every so often to try to get me to join them, I tell them to fuck off, and they leave me alone for days. All I can wonder is how much pain Amari must be in, and if everyone ever made it home safe. They better not be hurting her. Deku told me they'd save her, so if anything, I hope they're at least able to take her away from the League's grasp before they come for me.

I hear a creak, and immediately look up. Shigaraki is back, but alone. He looks relatively calm, which makes me sick. "Bakugou, you don't have to live like this, you know." He trails off, walking closer. Ah, so, here we go for another round of lecturing and pathetic persuasion. His voice vibrates and echoes off the wall, and I pop up onto my face, wringing my hands around the bars again. The cool metal sends a jolt up my back, and I press my face to the bars. "Then let me go, asshole." I counter in a low growl. He smiles, his skin cracking as his smile widens, and continues to walk closer. "You know I can't do that, you're too vital." He teases. He gets as close as he can without me being able to reach him and rip his smug grin right off his decaying face. "Stop the fighting, Bakugou. Join us. You'll get to stay in a much better place if you do. It'll make both our lives easier." His eyes look straight through me, and I shudder a bit before responding. "I'll never stoop to your pathetic level, Shigaraki. Now let me the fuck out of here!" I shake the bars and he jumps back a little. You'd think with how many times we've been through this, he'd get the picture already that I wanted nothing to do with him, or at least expect me to be volatile.

"You could have it all, Bakugou! You're extremely powerful, nobody could stop you! Your quirk is something of a marvel... Are you really going to choose the wrong side? You'll be treated like a god among us, even with your resentment, but to them, you're just a liability. Why do you think they chained you at your little festival in high school?" He continues, pacing around the room. I feel my anger rise within me, and unable to cap it off like I've learned to, I begin to spiral. "Shut the fuck up! You don't know anything about me or the heroes! You're lucky you're even still breathing! If I had my quirk you would be dead already, damn it!" My scream echoes in the room and he smirks, stifling a chuckle. Everything about this freak begins to make me sear inside, and he opens his dirty mouth once more. "Oh? Well I sure know a lot about your friend Amari..."

I grab the bars again, trying to reach through them to grab him. "What the hell are you talking about?" I demand, pure animosity dripping from my tongue. He laughs at my fruitless efforts and backs away a bit more. "That Soul is having her way with the girl... and to be truthful, I still have no idea what she wants from her. Harvest her quirk, maybe? She says she still calls out to you, begging you to save her.... Poor girl. If you were with us, however, you could easily overpower Soul with our help and save her. After all, Bakugou, unlike those corrupted heroes... she still believes in you." He pouts and smiles. My face twists with anger and I lose it completely. "I'll get her away from you freaks on my own terms, you fucking bastard! How fucking dare you! Get the fuck away from me! Get away!!!" I shake the bars uncontrollably, feeling the anger heat my hands, but not enough to cause a spark. My screams fill the room again, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand.

He looks on to me and shakes his head in disbelief, a twisted, defeated scowl on his cracked face. "Don't say I didn't warn you, you angry little rat!" Shigaraki says before he storms off like an angry toddler. It's hard to tell whether the things he was saying were true or if he was just trying to manipulate me, but either way, there's nothing they can do to me that will convince me to join their League. I'm going to be the number one hero one day, and they will NOT mess that up for me. Still, I can't help but wonder if what he said is true. My ears are filled with the sounds of her crying and pleading from that night.

"Help me!"
"Bakugou!"

"God damn it, I'm sorry Amari..." I feel my eyes well up with tears and I sink to the bottom of the bars. The thought of her yelling out for me was one that crushes me, while making me want to get out even more. Her smile and laugh swarm in my head alongside the sound of her crying and screaming. "I should have protected you..." I feel a hollow feeling in my chest as I realize just how badly I let her down. She needed me, and I let her down. The sounds of indistinct chatter from the entrance interrupt my thoughts, and I do my best to make out what's being said. "He wont..." "We'll make him..." "I..... it doesn't...... beat him if you have to."

What the hell are they planning to do with me?