31- Conjure

The first day of manifestation is finally upon me now that I have moved into my new room. I get dressed into my hero outfit, being excited to see that I've been designed something new to wear, specially for me and my ability. I never imagined that I would have my own outfit, and to see how ethereal and beautiful it is makes me feel even more powerful. I put the boots on, and they fit like a glove. I put my headress on, and the feathers fall beautifully down my curls. I look at myself in the mirror, and see how the outfit falls together. I easily look as good as I did during the dance, when Mina completely transformed me into a goddess. I wonder how Bakugou would react seeing me like this. I giggle to myself, being reminded of the redness on his face after seeing me that night. I remember that I'll be able to see his face again once me and Soul finish out her powers and begin to get antsy, wanting nothing more than to be sure that he is safe and secure. I wished now more than ever to just be able to embrace him. Carmen knocks on my door. "Come in!" I yell. She opens the door.

"Oh. My. God. Amari, you look beautiful!" She exclaims, coming in to run and look. She picks up pieces of my dress and flop them down, and reaches up to run her fingers through my hair. "You're so pretty, Amari." She smiles, and I feel my heart light up. "Thanks, Carmen. Let's head to the workroom!" She grabs my hand and leads me out the door. Guards line the hall as normal. I wave, and they wave back, unflinched and doll-like. We head down a set of stairs to a room where Soul is already waiting, in a long dark green dress. There's a table ahead with a quill and ink, and a lot of space in front of the table, where Soul is standing. "Have a seat, love." Soul says. I have a seat and Carmen sits over to the side of me, sitting with her legs crossed.

"Now, we need to start to figure out the limits of what you can do. Is there anything that you're not able to manifest?" She questions. "Well, I'm not able to affect another person's emotions, and I can't cause harm to another person. Other than that, I'm sure there's more limits but I haven't found them out yet. Also, I can't make myself the number one hero or anything like that, don't ask how I know." She chuckles and I smile. "You're so funny, Amari. I'm glad we're able to have this time together." She smiles at me warmly, and I feel happy to know that I'm reconnecting with my other mother. I know my mom must be worried, but as long as I'm able to get this done, I'll be back with her in no time, returning with her old love. It made my heart flutter to think of the look on her face when she sees her again. Every old picture and VHS showed her happy and in love, a look that was wonderful on my mom.

"Alright, I'm gonna test your ability conjuring up items first. If you can make an item, we should be well on our way to alter my quirks." She gestures to the paper and I nod. "Conjure up a pencil on the table first, Amari." She says. "A little traditional with the quill and ink, Soul." I joke, before picking it up and dipping it in ink. On the paper, I write. "A pencil appears on the table" I feel a small rush of power leave my body as I look up, seeing the pencil right next to the vial of ink. Carmen gasps and Soul nods. "Great job, Amari. Now, I'm going to ask you to conjure up a chair to the side of you." Carmen looks on intently, and I look down again, grabbing the pencil. Soul interrupts me and says, "Honey, use the quill." I nod, putting the pencil down and picking the quill up again. I dip the quill into the ink and write on the same page again. "A chair that looks the same as the one I'm sitting in appears next to me." Another rush of power rushes out of me, and the chair appears beside me. "Wow." Carmen says lightly, a look of wonder on her face. "You're doing wonderfully, Amari. Lastly, I want you to conjure up a large sofa where I'm standing. I'm going to move away, and you work your magic." She walks over to where Carmen is sitting, and nods, a reassuring smile on her face. I look ahead and then dip the quill once more. "A large sofa appears in front of the table." I feel my power run thin as another rush flows out, and the sofa is there when I look up.

Carmen claps and Soul laughs. "Wonderful! You're a natural at this, Amari!" She rests her hand on my back. "How do you feel?" She questions me, rubbing my back lightly. "I feel good, but definitely spent." I answer. She nods in approval. "That's alright, sweetheart. That's all I'll have you do today."
I stand up from the table and she kisses me on the forehead. "We'll work on our quirks next time, Amari." She says before heading towards the stairs. "Our?" I question. "Oh, of course, I can't just leave myself to be upgraded, you have to refine your power too." She smiles. I get excited. Does she think I may be able to make myself more powerful too? She sees my excitement and laughs. "Rest up, darling. I'll see you tomorrow. Carmen?" She asks and Carmen nods, like she knows what she means. Carmen jumps up and runs to me, almost knocking me over. "Amari, you're doing so good, you'll be done in no time!" Her sentence makes me get butterflies in my stomach.

I'll save him soon.