26- Search and Rescue

"We'll save her, Kacchan."

I wake up, feeling grass tickle my face. I sit up quickly, realizing we're in a field. As far as I can see is just grass. My head begins to hurt and I wince in pain. It's pitch black outside, and the twinkling stars above are my only light source. I stand up, walking around. "Uraraka?" I yell out. "Todoroki!" I see a fire off in the distance. Could that be them? I run towards it, feeling a pain in my chest, but continuing nonetheless. I can begin to make out the bodies sitting around the fire as my friends. The first person I see is Uraraka. "Midoriya!" she smiles and embraces me. I smile lightly. Looking back at me is Todoroki and his date, Mina, Kaminari, Momo, Tsu, and Jirou, sitting in a circle. "Glad to see you're okay, Midoriya." Todoroki says softly, adding fuel to the fire with his quirk. "It seems the League kept their word and let us go in the middle of nowhere, but we haven't found our phones yet. Kirishima, Iida and Sero went to look for them a little while ago. You were the last to come to the fire." Mina updates.

"Is everyone's quirk back?" I question. Uraraka makes herself float a bit, Jirou sends a sonic wave through the ground, Momo creates more firewood, and Tsu grabs it with her tongue, throwing it into the fire, where Todoroki torches it more. Kaminari lets off a spark and Mina forms a bubble of acid. "How's yours?" Tsu asks me. I try to feel the power of One For All, and feel the green sparks flow through me. "I think so." The way that our quirks were cancelled still seems to be a mystery. No one had quirk cancelling cuffs on, could this be that new villains quirk? Or were we hit subtly with quirk cancelling serum? "Guys!" We hear from behind us. Iida comes running close, a bag in hand. "We found this bag. It looks like all of our phones are in here. Kirishima and Sero are right behind me." Everyone begins fishing into the bag to grab their phone. I get mine, and check to see the time and date, seeing that it's 1am, and 6 days have passed. "Oh my god, it's been almost a week since the dance." I exclaim. "I don't want to, but I'll call my father, he'll know what to do." Todoroki says, and types away at his phone.

Endeavor picks up instantly, and everyone breathes a sigh of relief. "Shoto! Where are you, boy?" He yells loud enough for us to hear. "We're not sure, its a field. The field stretches as far as we can see. The villains had us captured, they still have Bakugou and Amari." The fact that those two are still under their grasp begins to settle in everyone's mind as everyone's faces look less hopeful, especially in Kirishima and Mina's. If only I had been able to reach her in time, I could have found a way to get us out of there, I'm sure. I hope they're doing well. It's scary and frustrating to not know who Amari is even with. "Stay put, Shoto. I'll get in contact with the police and track your location from your phone call. Don't hang up!" He says, and we can hear nothing else but chatter and rustling, as Endeavor rushes out of his house, drives himself to the police, and gets in contact with an officer who can help him.

Finally, we hear something. "Shoto Todoroki? This is an officer, we have Endeavor and copters coming your way, sit tight and stay on the line, we are monitoring your location live." Everyone looks relieved again. "Understood." He says, and sets his phone down. I open my phone and see texts and calls from my mother. I'll be seeing her soon, there's gonna be plenty of time to reassure her after. "I'm so glad we got out of there alive!" Momo said, beginning to tear up. Sero runs over to give her comfort. "But Bakugou is still stranded somewhere, he's with those crazy ass villains again..." Mina says, looking worried. "And so is Amari, somewhere we don't even have a clue to, with someone completely unknown. She's never had a run in with villains like we have. She has to be terrified." Uraraka whispers. "We'll get them too, guys, as soon as we get home. We have to focus on our safety first." I reassure them, with various degrees of success.

Jirou perks up. "Do you hear that?" She says, looking off into the sky. We all look too, and I begin to hear the faint sounds of a helicopter. "They're here." Todoroki's date exclaims. Kaminari yawns. "Thank god, I'm ready to go sleep." We watch as the helicopter lands and Endeavor rushes out. "Get in the helicopter!" He yells, the wind whipping around his large jacket. We all rush towards the copter, and my ears begin to hurt hearing the loud chopping noise of the blades. One by one, I help everyone into the helicopters, before jumping in myself. Everyone sits, catching their breath. I feel the lifting of the helicopter as we fly off, hopefully headed home. Endeavor's eyes scan over everyone, and his eyes stay narrowed as he inspects the damage of everyone. "There's a lot of questions to be asked, but for right now, you're all safe and we're getting you home, that's what matters the most." Mina sucks her teeth, and Uraraka looks over at her, shooting her a look. Mina directs her eyes to her feet before whispering lowly.

"Everyone except Amari and Kacchan."