19- Just Before, Part 2

"We have to go pick up the gifts tonight, then pick up the clothes tomorrow morning. Should be simple enough." Kirishima says as we drive. Denki and Sero are in the back, tapping away at their phones. "How are the girls getting to the dance?" Kirishima turns and asks Sero. "Well, I'm pretty sure Mina and Amari are coming by bus with Uraraka, but Yaoyorozu is picking Jirou up and they're meeting us there." Sero says back, glancing up for a second and then back down to his phone. Denki lets out a small "yes!" and Sero sucks his teeth in defeat, upon which both of them look up, cueing in. "Can you two seriously not play games with each other for more than a few minutes?" I ask, rolling my eyes as I turn the corner. "Only when we sleep, Bakugou." Denki says proudly, with a smirk on his face.

"I heard Midoriya in the bathroom today talking to someone about the dance." Sero says casually. I freeze, and my mind goes blank before filling with thoughts. Is he still bitter? Is he gonna try to make a move on Amari? He's supposed to be going with Uraraka, but everyone sees his puppy dog eyes whenever he sees Amari. He had better stay in his fucking place or I swear, I'll-

"Bakugou, the stop sign!"

I slam the brakes and the car comes to a halt. An angered driver beeps and drives past. "Fuck off!" I yell and beep back. "I can drive if you want me to..." Sero trails off but I shake my head. "What was he saying, Sero?" I press. "I don't know, man, maybe we should wait till-" "What did he say!?" I press again. The car falls silent. "Sero," I start to press again before Kirishima speaks for him. "He doesn't understand how she likes you, Bakugou. You know how he is, don't worry about it. You know what she wants." Silence fills the car again while I think about what to say. I can tell I made things awkward, so I take a deep breath.

"He'll see why tomorrow at the dance."

*Switch POV to Amari*

"I can't believe you've been hiding this figure this whole time, Amari! I mean, it's unfair!" Mina exclaims. I feel a blush heat my cheeks as I smile and laugh. "My mom tells me that all the time, too." I laugh. Uraraka is in the corner by the mirror, doing her makeup. Mina already finished her makeup and is working on mine. "Look up." She tells me, and I set my eyes on the light on the ceiling as she dusts eyeshadow under my eye.

"How did you and Kirishima meet, Mina?" I ask her. She wipes something off my face and looks in my eyes. "We went to middle school together, and we both went to the same prestigious high school as well. He's always had this charm to him, and I'm the best decision he ever made." She smiles and backs up. "And your makeup is done, beautiful." I jump up and look in the mirror, crowding Uraraka. She pushes me playfully and I giggle. "Whoa, Mina, who AM I?" Mina laughs at me and says "You're Amari 2.0!"

Soon enough, Mina, Uraraka, and I are completely ready for the dance. I made the last piece of jewelry appear on Uraraka's neck, and we all look amazing. Uraraka's dress is a light pink and white toned short dress, and she's wearing heels and tights with it. Her makeup is subtle and mostly neutral, with pops of pink. Mina is wearing a pretty spaghetti strap black dress with a ton of sparkles and two slits in the legs. Her curly pink hair is pinned into a high puff, and she has a long statement necklace dangling down her plunge neckline. My outfit was a little more complicated.

My dress is sort of a two piece, in the way that it has a detachable skirt. The base dress is a bodycon, burgundy minidress that took me minutes to stretch and shape to my body. The skirt is flowy, with a single slit where you're supposed to tie it. A thick band that serves as a belt, tying it all together, is in a bow, tied around my waist. Mina braided a piece of hair and pinned it to the back of my head, and my loose curls fell down my back. I have simple stud earrings and a butterfly choker to offset the complication of the dress.

"Come on, we gotta meet up with everyone else in fifteen!" Uraraka yells out. We all put our shoes on and head out of my room. My mom sees us and beams. "Look at you girls! You're all done up, you look beautiful!" She pulls us in for a hug and I do my best to worm my way out. "C'mon mom, we gotta go meet the guys!" I say as she lets us go. "Well, at least let me get one picture!" I roll my eyes playfully, but the girls give me a welcoming smile, so I pose. She snaps a few pictures before sending us on our way, tears brimming her eyes. As we walk up the bus, all eyes fall onto us.

"UA, here we come!"