18- Just Before, Part 1

A/n: been a while lmao, sorry I've been MIA, but I've been overworking myself to the bone, and I think I'm ready to start writing again! Thank you all for your support, we're up to 800 reads! Enjoy the next chapter :)

~~

The day was finally here, the last day of classes before our week long break! All Might sat at his desk, calmly flipping through a book, as we all socialized amongst ourselves. Things haven't been the same with Deku and them since everyone found out me and Bakugou were going to the dance together. I'm not sure why they clique up in the first place, but it sucks that it seems like you have to pick a side. I guess asking Bakugou out to the dance cemented me with him and the gang. Thankfully, Uraraka and I still talk on the bus and over the phone, but she's really the only one out of them now.

I'm unsure on what move to make with Bakugou now. I know Kirishima said that he beat himself up when I asked him out instead of the other way around, so I haven't tried to go any further, out of fear that he'll feel off, but that sticks us in a weird in-between. There's no label, nothing concrete. I've been meaning to ask him, but I don't want to ruin whatever this is. But I don't mind waiting for him to work himself up to it. I raise my head from my notebook and see him looking back at me, a light smile grazing his face. "Big day tomorrow, huh?" I nod my head and smile. "Yeah, no pressure, but if we don't have the greatest time, we'll regret it for the rest of our lives. That's how dances work, right?" He and the rest of us laugh together.

"Alright, class. You are dismissed. I will see you at the dance tomorrow, and if not, have a wonderful break."

I walk out with everyone, waiting with Mina by the door for Uraraka. She walks out with Midoriya, his arm around her shoulders. I'm so happy that she was able to go to the dance with him, she's so obviously into him. She said something to him, and he nodded. She walks over to us, and for a minute, his eyes meet mine. They're filled with regret, and he looks down to my feet before catching up with Iida and Todoroki. "Hey gals!" Uraraka beams. "Who's ready for the sleepover?" I smile and Mina laughs.

"Alright, ladies, we will see you tomorrow, we have got our own prep to attend to." Kaminari smiles. Kirishima kisses Mina on the cheek and waves to her, and Mina ruffles his red hair playfully as he walks off after Kaminari. "Hey, Denki, you still taking Jirou? I haven't seen her since she went to that fancy school out in the middle of nowhere!" Sero yells after Kaminari. "Slow down, fuckers!" Bakugou yells, and turns toward me. "Well, see you tomorrow, Amari." I smile widely. "I'll see you then, Bakugou." He blushes a little before running to catch up with his boys.

"Gotta love em." Mina laughs. We start walking towards the stairs. "So our first stop is the nail shop?" Uraraka says. She twirls a piece of her short hair, and looks down at her phone. Mina nods. "We've got to get a manicure and pedicure, so that's first. Then we're gonna head back to Amari's and do a mini spa night. We'll get a good nights rest, and kick it all off again tomorrow, with the more fun stuff." The cold wind hits me when we exit the building and head to the bus stop.

"Hey, what prep do the guys even have?"